Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Officiant

Hi Everyone,My fiance and I are getting married August 20, 2010 and we are looking for an officiant.  We are planning a very informal ceremony, non-religious (it can be religious, but we would rather have a quick ceremony and prayer) in Dubuque, IA.  The problem is that our ceremony is on a Friday at 5:45, otherwise we would just have a justice of peace perform it.  The problem with a justice of peace is that most only work during business hours.  Any suggestions of other people or anyone the you know that would perform a short wedding ceremony?  I'm really stuck here!  (It doesn't help that I don't live in Dubuque).  Thanks for all your help!Rita
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Officiant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not really much help, as we had our pastor marry us...but i would suggest contacting a the courts regarding a JOP. I know quite a few people who have been married on saturdays (outside of business hours) and have had a JOP perform the ceremony. also, if you aren't that worried about a religious ceremony, a friend or family member could always marry you. i don't think that you have to be ordained in the state of iowa...but obviously you would want to check the marriage laws. good luck!
  • Options
    Rita092010Rita092010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reply - I will look into it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards