Iowa-Des Moines

Transportation

Okay, so staying within a small budget.. what are some options for transportation of the bridal party? me and my fiance are using his dad's MG but I'm trying to digure out how to get the bridal party to and from places...

Re: Transportation

• edited December 2011
    We didn't provide transportation for them.  We went straight from the ceremony to the reception, and it was only a 5-minute drive anyway.  So we saved the money for transportation and they just carpooled in their own cars.  If you want to provide transportation, though, I think the Variety Club's Sunshine Trolley rents out for a reasonably low price.  (And it's a unique mode of transportation to boot!)  [url]http://www.varietyiowa.com/programs/our-programs.html[/url]    
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to save money, let them drive themselves :) From our church (Cathedral) to our reception (Science Center) it was about 1 mile.  The bridal party all made a stop at the Hessen House before the reception which is right next to the Science Center.  So we all cruised over together, parked, and had a few beers before we entered for cocktail hour.  We saved ourselves $300 by not shuttling people around.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • edited December 2011
    We aren't providing transportation either, and our reception and ceremony site are about 20 minutes apart.
  • jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are very lucky, we are using FI's brother's bands bus...it is like an old party bus, and it is super nice, glossy black with tinted windows and pelnty of seating for us and our wedding party...and it has a killer sound system so we can party on the way to the country club!! And it is FREE!! Just the cost of gas to get us around in!! We are also using it for the bachelorette and bachelor parties. If we didn't have the bus, we'd just let the wedding party travel on their own to the reception, especially if FI and I were traveling there on our own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BabyRN2006BabyRN2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also are just having them drive themselves!
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - 15R, 12M, 10F - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
    7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) 7/31 168 bpm (8w6d) 8/22 170 bpm (12w)
    EDD 3/6/13
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    We aren't using transportation either just because our ceremony and reception are in the same location.  The only issue I am having is that there is not where to get ready at my site so all of us girls will have to get ready at my house or where ever which is 20 minutes away, so I was debating if I should get transportation for that? And then we could also pick up the men at their location...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using a tailgating bus that we are renting from a friend. Cheaper, but we do have to drive it ourselves. My dad and one of our groomsmen have CDL licenses so we are covered. Our locations are close, but I still wanted transportation. I have found some great must take photos involving the groups together on the bus!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards