Iowa-Des Moines

Budget venues downtown?

Hello all - My cousin is engaged and they are planning for May 8th. They found that Simon Estes is available for the ceremony and may soon book it. Do you know of any venues downtown that are affordable? They will probably do a cake and champagne type cocktail reception. Price is a concern and the short timeline as well. Plus, the reception site would be the backup ceremony site. Any ideas??????? Thanks in advance for your help! I told her to get on here quickly because everyone was soooo helpful!!! Also, any suggestions for affordable photographers? Thanks, Alicia :) PS Yes I know the much awaited vendor reviews are still needing posted...hehe :)

Re: Budget venues downtown?

• edited December 2011
    Our reception was on the Baratta's terrace at the State Historical Building and it was absolutely perfect.  We loved it!  I don't know if the prices have changed in the last year, but we paid $750 for the rental.  They also had a good rain back-up; if we needed it, the indoor atrium was available for a slightly higher price, something like $1250.  And Baratta's, the required caterer, does awesome food and has no minimum spending limit that I know of.  PS - My wedding was a month before yours and I still haven't gotten my vendor reviews posted.  Don't feel bad. ;-) 
  • edited December 2011
    No idea about venues but as for photographers I am using Laura Beekmann with lifeartphotos dot com and she is absolutely fantastic :)
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Science Center or Botanical Center. I am not sure on pricing, but good places to start looking. Photographers: www.capturedmomentsiowa.com; Julie and Rebecca are great!
  • edited December 2011
    Nuzum Photography is great and affordable! They raised prices since we booked, but they are still lower than most. You can see some work in my married bio. nuzumphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards