Iowa-Des Moines

Invitation help

Hi Ladies,I'm searching for wedding invitations that are contemporary and fun, but also not too expensive (like under $2 apiece).  I've done some looking online, but don't know of any local shops to try.  Any suggestions either online or stores?  Thanks!

Re: Invitation help

• edited December 2011
    I think I've heard that weddingpaperdivas have good invites and are pretty cheap. I would also try etsy, if nothing else, try an alchemy request there for a custom design. You could also put an alchemy request for a custom designed PDF and have them printed at Staples or a place like that.
  • buczbr01buczbr01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you crafty at all and have time to make them?  We're doing a 4x6 engagement picture on the front of slightly bigger cardstock (like 5 x 7),  (black and white pic with red cardstock) and on the back of the cardstock will be all of the formal writing.  That way they can take off the picture and throw away the cardstock after the wedding.  If you don't have a cd of your engagement pictures you could ask a friend to shoot some for you and edit it or have someone you know edit it.  They are 9 cents for a 4x6 from snapfish.com and cardstock for 250 sheets is super cheap at Sam's Club.  It will cost us about $0.25 an invitation plus the $0.44 shipping.  You could also punch a hole in the top center of the cardstock and tie a small bow with your accent color.  This is something I love doing if there was a way I could help you?
  • kj313kj313 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto weddingpaperdivas.com
  • edited December 2011
    I would HIGHLY recommend A Work of Heart By Cari. www.aworkofheartbycari.com She does GREAT work and is so easy to work iwith. She designs things custom to what you have in mind as is very reasonable in price. I found her through Kimmy (on this board), and have received nothing but compliments on my invites (you know the one things all guest usually pitch).
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a michaels?  They do it yourself ones and you can usually get a 40% off coupon. I lucked out and found a printing place in town (they actually make text books) and I got 225 invites, envelopes, rsvp postcards, and addresses printed on envelopes and RSVPs for $192.  I thought outside the box for printers and got a great deal.
  • edited December 2011
    oh....and I am from Dubuque not Dese Moines
  • edited December 2011
    A work of heart by Cari...she can work with your budget and does incredible work!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I designed ours in Publisher and uploaded it to Vistaprint.com (once the DIY print ones were not working out!).........for $68 we got 100 invites, 100 map cards both 2 sided, 1 color, 1 grey scale with shipping included on linen paper.....we had used them for our RSVP cards which were postcards and return labels we used as stickers which we paid $9.73 with shipping for the 100 postcards and 140 return labels......we had a good experience....best of luck! Alicia
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure to also check out Etsy
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sfrazer11sfrazer11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, everyone!  Now I have lots of great leads to follow up :)
  • edited December 2011
    check out Pure Paper in Des Moines or Ephemera (both in the East Village) or www.pennypiedesigns.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zephyr Printing in Iowa City does custom invites - but they will expect a deposit before you see samples customized for you (of course you can see other invites, etc., that they've done).We're getting ours from getmarried.com - found a pretty great deal!
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • erinnhahnerinnhahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    americanwedding.com -- you can order samples for free too.  That is what I did and they turned out good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards