Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Spray Tan

Okay~ I don't do spray tan, I do full fledge~ bad for my skin tanning beds. But my FSIL (one of me BM) would like to get a spray tan next Thursday before our wedding. Any suggestions on a place near Jordan Creek or the Sheraton for this? I only ever went to Visual Impact for tanning beds when we lived in Des Moines. Suggestions please ?! TIA.

Re: Spray Tan

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bella salon at valley west mall on the top floor next to younkers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Siren Tan on 22nd St
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure she puts a lot of lotion around her figure nails and toe nails.  I tried this before our wedding (didn't end up doing it for the wedding) and the spray tan left a lot of brown gunk around my finger nails and toe nails.  I'm also extremely white and so I went with the lowest tanning color because I didn't want to be too dark next to my very white husband, but I think if I did it again I would have gone darker because it didnt seem to make that big of a difference. Just my two cents worth :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Turtle. My FSIL has done them before. She said she could do it again in Chicago Wednesday, but said by the 2nd day it wears off, so she didn't want to look like she had skin disease on Friday for the wedding:). It makes me a little nervous, as all I have ever heard are horror stories about spray tan, but I won't be bridezilla and tell her not to ;) If she is orange, I guess I will look at pictures and laugh some day. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it will turn out fine, so I wouldn't worry about it.  Mine didn't look bad except for the finger nails and toe nails, but that probably mattered more for the bride than if she's a bridesmaid anyways.  I just knew that if they were taking pictures of our hands/rings, I wouldn't want brown gunk around my nails.  Especially after I worked so hard to stop biting them and grow them out for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right! Won't be me. Honestly, my nerves are pretty calm, I will probably just laugh at her if it goes bad. I will feel a little bad for her :).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my sis works at bella salon. i don't know how much it costs, but she does spray tan there and hasn't had a problem. bella salon has an excellent reputation.
  • Options
    jennfelsenjennfelsen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had spray tan a few times with great results.  There is a place in Johnston that I went to and a place kind of behind Anglo way out in WDSM/Waukee area that I had great results.  Make sure you have a person spraying you rather than a booth, that works much better.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards