Iowa-Des Moines

Rehearsal Supper Ideas

Hi guys.  I need some suggestions for rehearsal supper.  Originally my FI and I had cut the rehearsal supper because we had to cut a lot things to fit in our budget.  But just this weekend FI parents said they would pay for a rehearsal supper.  Which I was completlely surprised and I'm happy they are.

Now my problem is that I'm trying to find a place to hold the rehearsal supper at.  We need to still keep it kind of in a budget - we are trying to keep it around $10-12 a person.  Does anyone have some ideas of where to hold this?  We live on the Southside of Des Moines or anything in this area or downtown is the best but I will take any options in the Des Moines area.  So, really any catering places or resturtant with a party room to hold 50-60 people is what we need. 

Thanks for your ideas and I'm sorry its such a long post.

Re: Rehearsal Supper Ideas

• Zippy88kZippy88k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Baratta's? Not sure about the party room, but they do have several rooms, maybe something could work out. That's my best guess, unless you wanted something catered.
  • edited December 2011
    Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, or you could have it at the Blank Park Zoo-- Johnny's is their exclusive caterer
  • babygirl7727babygirl7727 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  Funny, I actually wanted to do the Blank Park Zoo for my wedding reception - I'm a big animal lover so it would be perfect for me - but they wouldn't because they have it decorated for Night Eyes.

Also - Zippy88K.  We actually love Baratta's and before we cut our rehearsal dinner that was where we were going to do it.  However my fi is lactose intolerant but he can handle some in moderation and we didn't want to take the chance the night before the wedding.  We did not want him sick to his stomach on the wedding day.

Anyway,  I saw Okoboji Grill has a party room and we are looking into that.  Does anyone have an experience with the one on the South side?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards