Iowa-Des Moines

Reception Only Invites

Good morning girls! New Knottie here and I need help!  We are getting married 7/7/10 in Florida with only immediate family in attendance.  We are not having our big reception back here in Des Moines until 12/11/10.  I am having a hard time finding invitations that will work.  Any suggestions for finding a site that I can order "reception only" invites?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Reception Only Invites

• edited December 2011
    http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/

That site has a lot of invitation options, and you can personalize the text on them.  Before we decided to make our own invites, I was going to order from them!  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I can't offer you a website, but I suggest making your own invitations with Microsoft Publisher, Print Master, or some other software like that.  You can google images of wedding inviations to get ideas, and then you can create your own similar style inviation.  The cool thing about making your own is that they're cheaper, and you can have them exactly the way you want them.  If you don't want to make them, maybe you can find a friend or relative to design them.  Good luck!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest making your own and uploading to Vistaprint.com to print...we used them and had really great luck and the price was fabulous! Sign up for their emails...they will kinda stalk you but we got 75% off all which was actually cheaper than getting some free and then reduced on the others...we did postcard rsvps and return labels for shipping only with was 9.73 and then invites and map/info cards for like 68 dollars with shipping and upgraded paper....Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We were in the same boat.  Only a small amount of people (35-40) are invited to the wedding but then we are having a large reception.  What we did was just use a normal wedding invite and changed the wording to work for the reception and then what would normally we the reception card we turned into an invite for the actual wedding.  This worked because we did not need RSVP for the wedding itself because it was only immediate family coming so we knew if they were going to be there or not.
  • edited December 2011
    We purchased our invites from Target and I was very happy with them. I had them printed at Office Max and they did a great job and were very willing to help with any editing that needed to be done.

Target has a pretty good array now.
  • natashamaraenatashamarae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  I would just find a stationary you like and make them up yourself!  Whether you print at home, at a store, or from online, you can pretty much customize any wording on any stationary!
  • edited December 2011
    Try A Work of Heart by Cari. She is local in IA, does it all by hand and does great work. She is reasonably priced and will also have some good ideas for wording. She does not duplicate design, so you would have original invitations. www.aworkofheartbycari.com You can also find her on facebook. I was very pleased with her. I referred a good friend and she was also very excited! Kimmy~ who hasn't been around for a bit~ is how I found her and I know Kimmy was happy with her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards