Iowa-Des Moines
Options

pew decorations

Hey everyone-

I have a question for everyone. I am getting married outside and was wondering if I should decoration the chairs that are on the inside aisle. I'm not really a frilly girl, so have tons of tulle is not my thing. I'm not sure if it is something that is required or if it is okay to just forget the aisle decoration.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: pew decorations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is ok to forgo it but I guess it also might depend on what the chairs look like.  Are they like card table folding chairs or nice wooden chairs? Maybe some type of hook with mason jars hanging from them with wild flowers? You can google pew decor images. Ya I am not crazy about frilly tulle either so much.
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP it would depend on the chairs. We're also getting married outside and we are having Shepard hooks with Paper Lanterns on them. With a little bit of ribbon.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm up in the air on that as well, but what I was thinking about doing was for the first two rows on each side, a large hurricane glass vase with a large candle in it. Our chairs are almost more like an office chair, well they are black mesh like chairs, but in a basic folding chair style. So I can't decide if I think it will look odd, like I'm trying to dress up these chairs.
     Sorry I didn't provide advice on your issue, but maybe the hurricane vases would be a good idea for you!
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually just picked out our pew decor.  I wanted to make it "personal" instead of just what they gave us, so I knew we were going to do SOMETHING :)  We didn't want flowers, and didn't really want open flames because they can always blow out.  We have ended up buying a few lanterns to hang on the end, with battery operated "candles". 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its ok to leave them out.  If you don't want  anything too frilly (I'm the same way) how about tying mason jars and putting some fake flowers in them to match your wedding flowers.  Doesn't have to be a lot maybe just one or two blooms.

Something I thought about doing was having pumpkins lining the aisle.  It would match my decor and after the ceremony we could take them with us to decorate the reception.

Simple fabric tied in your wedding colors would be neat also.  You can get really creative to match your personallity and wedding, but again if you just leave out aisle decor no one is going to say anything.  People may not even notice.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards