Iowa-Des Moines

Farmhouse catering?

Hi ladies, has anyone heard about farmhouse catering in ogden? I found them on a website www.gatheringguide.com. Let me know if you've ever heard of them or have had their food.
Anniversary

Re: Farmhouse catering?

• McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about them .. but let me know!  What kind of food are you looking for?  Are you wanting it "catered" or do you have friends/family to put the food out?  We looked at Palmers and they were very affordable, but don't have staff to stay at the event.  They cook everything for you, give it to you in a "portable oven" to keep it hot and you put it out for the guests.

We are also looking at The Radish in grimes and Tasteful Dinners (recommended by a friend) http://www.tastefuldinners.com/site/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Chef Mike at the Radish is fabulous!  I worked at a restaurant about 8 years back p.t. he was the head chef at and was amazed.  When I heard he opened a restaurant (the Radish is his) I was so excited.  We live too darned close to it but it is heavenly.  Sunday brunch is a great way to experience their offerings.
  • edited December 2011

I am looking for food that tastes good, has a fall feel, and wont break my bank account. I don't think anyone in the family would be willing to serve anyone at the wedding so, I would need to have it catered. I checked out that website you posted, do you know their pricing?

Anniversary
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are supposed to email me with a quote.  I told them we wanted to try to stay under $1500 (I realize this is really low) and they said they could work with that ... so I think they have a wide range of prices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Other options:

Hickory Park Hall in Ames
    Master Griller out of Earlham

I have used the Master Griller for a lot of different purposes, ranging from client appreciation dinners to  my own wedding reception.  My first wedding, which obviously didn't work out, but I had great food at the reception and 2 little boys from it so it wasn't all bad.  ;)

Where is your reception going to be at?  I am investigating hiring the local Women's Club to do the serving, filling of the buffet for our reception.  Just a thought...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a big fan of hickory park, and his cousin is using their catering next month for their wedding. We are having our reception at seven oaks in boone. Good idea about the womens club, i'll ask my mom about that even though she gives me super crazy ideas on what i should serve.....
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of Farmhouse catering, but have never tried it. My parent's neighbor acros the street from them owns it though, we just found this out! They look good online though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards