Iowa-Des Moines
Options

change of plans

my wedding has been cancelle. can anyone tell me what to do next.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: change of plans

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this.  I would think calling to cancel any vendors you booked might be the first step.  Did you send out an save the dates or anything yet?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that!
    I looked at your bio and it looks like your date was next June 2012. So at this point, whatever vendors you had booked, they would need to be cancelled. Then, depending on how many you have told about the wedding, maybe phone calls would be in order, a blast email to friends and family. If you did Save The Dates already, maybe another announcement type card that says there will no longer be a wedding.
    Oh, anything else you have already bought (dress? decorations?), try to sell here on the Classifieds board or on Craigslist!
    Hope that helps!
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say that this is a blessing in disguise, take it from someone who has been through something very similar and now I have the man of my dreams. I can't imagine what life would have been like.  Either way I won't dwell on that for ya... I think vendors is def the first step, try to recoup your costs. 

Also, June is a popular month, so you might be able to "sell" your venue, caterer, etc on Craigs.  I have seen people on there do that, especially since the pricing for venues goes up every year, you might be able to save a future couple money!  AND get all your money back!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards