Iowa-Des Moines

DIY invitations-pocketfold

I posted this on the DIY board but I wasn't sure how often people on local boards check those so I thought I'd post it on here, as you all have been so helpful thusfar.

I am wanting to create my own invitations and I really like the look of the pocketfolds. Does anyone have any templates that would show me how to do this from scratch? I don't want to have to buy pocketfolds from any paper store. I know it takes some cutting and folding, I'm just not sure how to get started. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone knows the best size to make them that will not cost extra postage that would be great too. I know square invitations cost more to mail, so if anyone knows a size that just takes regular postage tha would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance!
image 31 Total invites!
image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY invitations-pocketfold

• edited December 2011
    I found a site that has templates! Here it is if anyone else would like to give it a try:
    http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-pocketfold-invitation
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just kinda copied the ones that they have at Archivers.  They have pocket fold ones there, and I just kind of mentally measured them without being too obvious in the store, and then made them to fit Wal-Mart envelopes.
  • edited December 2011
    I made my own just by trial and error. I don't like the 5x7 ones as much because I think they are too big ( I did practice with that size though). My trial one that I will probably use is 4x6 when folded. I plan on buying paper from an online paper supplier. The paper size to fold the 4x6 ones I measured to be 6x12.5 and the folded the bottom up 2 inches then the next two folds were 4inches leaving 2.5 inches for the top. If you want to know more just let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards