Ohio-Columbus

Woodsy Outdoor Wedding Venue

Please help I need a venue that has very forest/woodsy feel with an hour or so of Columbus. I looked at state parks but having alcohol is a must and I would really don't like the idea of a gazebo. I have been looking for months and we want to get married in July. Thanks for any help Smile

Re: Woodsy Outdoor Wedding Venue

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_woodsy-outdoor-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:341c1ce1-d416-4d0f-b255-33f877051d0cPost:a6999330-91c9-46cd-8be9-f04472815310">Woodsy Outdoor Wedding Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please help I need a venue that has very forest/woodsy feel with an hour or so of Columbus. I looked at state parks but having alcohol is a must and I would really don't like the idea of a gazebo. I have been looking for months and we want to get married in July. Thanks for any help
    Posted by rlitton[/QUOTE]

Try Crocketts Run in Logan, Ohio.  One of my friends is getting married there in August.  She is having an outdoor woodsy wedding.  I haven't been to the actual venue yet, but it looks pretty online and she said it was beautiful.
  • Cheers & Lakeside Chalet in Lancaster has an outdoor chapel on a lake that is surrounded by trees. I looking at the one myself.... The prices look very reasonable to me!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • The Darby House is gorgeous - Big Darby Creek, and tons of trees - $$$$ and probably booked for weekends in July - but - you can check in out.

Tall Timbers is another one - yep - there is a Gazebo but who says you ahve to use it?

Camp Mary Orton is really pretty (and pretty affordable I think)

and 

Longaberger Golf Club sits up on a hill, and there are trees and hill tops - so pretty.
  • Thank you for the responses I am checking into all of these!! Please keep them coming! :)
  • Dawes arboretum is about 45 min outside Cbus....several outdoor options there. Lots of trees, not incredibly wooded for ceremony sites, but area around sites are. Plus the coordinator there is super nice. Alcohol welcomed too!

Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_woodsy-outdoor-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:341c1ce1-d416-4d0f-b255-33f877051d0cPost:4b72f2a9-9c9b-49c9-baaf-caa173d18cc9">Re: Woodsy Outdoor Wedding Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the responses I am checking into all of these!! Please keep them coming! :)
    Posted by rlitton[/QUOTE]
  • Im getting married in April at Cheers and lakeside chalet. They have a open house on January 19th, i believe. Prices arent bad either. At the lakeside building, you get married in the gazebo thats built onto a deck that overlooks the lake, then the reception is inside and on the deck! Its super pretty! It won my heart over lol
  • Bryn Mar in Granville, Jorgensen Farms, Cooper Lodge, Autumn Lakes.

Hope this helps!

Nancy Plassman
    Director of Catering, Carfagna's
  • I am getting married at Camp Mary Orton and you can bring your own alcohol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards