Iowa-Des Moines

Needed: recommendations for an Officiator in Polk or Boone County

We are need of an officiator for Saturday evening, October 1, 2011.  If you have a recommendation, please let me know.  We are getting married at the Iowa Arboretum in Madrid, so an officiator in Polk or Boone County would be best.

Thank you in advance for any ideas or leads!

Re: Needed: recommendations for an Officiator in Polk or Boone County

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rachel, She is super nice and works with you for the ceremony itself. She can Marry anywhere in the US.

Best way to contact her,

r_agans@hotmail.com
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    Polk county has a list of judges, that is where we found our officiant--we are getting married at the 4-H Center right next to the Arboretum. We are using Judge Hutchison, he's been great to work with! Here is the link http://www.polkrecorder.com/judges.pdf
    I've heard great things about Judge Novak too. We called him first but he was already booked on our day and recommended Judge Hutchison.
    Hope this helps!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy and James Love from The Wedding Chapel also does off site weddings and I think they include a little more with it.  You have a pre-consultation and from what I've heard from people who used them you can pick verses as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your recommendations.  I will explore each one and will re-post with our experience/decision.  Great ideas!!

Sincerely,
    Michelle
  • edited December 2011
    We just used Judge Rosenberg from that judge's list. He was pretty straight forward and nice - cost $100. I'd also really recommend Judge Novak if you can get him for your date though. he did my brothers and he was really awesome. He wasn't available for my date unfortunately. =( 
  • Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your posts.  I took the advice and contacted Judge Novak, who will be officating our wedding ceremony!

Thank you all again. I'll follow up after our October 1 wedding with our thoughts and recommendations for Judge Novak.  ($175 - very reasonable!)

Sincerely,
    Michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards