Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Wedding Venues?

HI, I'm looking for wedding venues. I have a lot that i need to narrow down, and some i don't know how to get ahold of. so if you have a review, or pictures for any of these venues, or contact information, that would be great. thanks guys

*Ramada Tropics and resort
*Hotel Fort Des Moines
*Windsor Heights community Center/Colby Park
*Stoney Creek Inn
*Adventureland Inn
*Willow Ridge
*Water Works Park
*Rose Garden at Greenwood Park
*Raccon River Park
*Pinnacle Club
*Jasper Winery
*Holiday Inn
*Chase Suite Hotel
*The Des Moines Club
*Catchlight studio

I know its a lot. but i want opinions. Thank You

Re: Wedding Venues?

• Options
    kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also...if you guys have any information on their pricing, that would be great
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Have you checked out websites for these places?  A lot of them have all the information on the website. 

Jasper Winery- $1700 for reception, $600 for ceremony max 125 people deposit for reception is $600 and ceremony is $300.  Only available to rent 6:00 pm to midnight. Contact info is on the website

Hotel Fort Des Moines- $4000 hosted food and beverage min. max 250 people $1000 due at booking . Contact also on website.

Stoney Creek- lynette I think is the ladies name out there.  I want to say it is somewhere around $3000.  We looked there.  They have a smaller and a larger room to rent, but we decided the small was too small and the large was too large so I got rid of the paperwork on them.  Again, if you go on their website, there is contact information on there.  If you email them and tell them you are interested, she will send you all the information.

Pinnacle Club- contact is Katie Thielman (her contact is on the page if you google otter creek or pinnacle club Ankeny, Ia.  It is run by the city of Ankeny, so it will come up with a city page.  I know it is $1100 for residents of Ankeny, but it is $1500 I think for other people to rent it.  Max of 265 people.  There is no food/bev. minimum you can use them for a caterer or bring in one off their "preferred vendor list".  This is where we are having our reception and I highly recommend Katie and the Pinnacle Club.  The location is beautiful and Katie is great to work with.  The whole cost is due at the time of booking, so that is something to keep in mind.  However, once its paid it is done.  The website is www.ottercreekankeny.com

The Des Moines Club- Are you meaning the Des Moines Embassy Club downtown?  If you are contact K.Maras@embassyclub.com  she is one of the catering directors with them.  I have also worked with her in the past as I used to work at the Des Moines Embassy Club for a summer.  She is great to work with.  I dont know about pricing with them though.  Our dates were already taken, so we didn't get into pricing.  

For all the other ones you have listed, google them or go to their websites.  A lot of them have their information online, and it is really easy to find.  I made an excel sheet to keep track of everything since it was a lot of information to consider.  HTH   

Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a bunch.I do have contact informaiton for most of them, theres just a few i can't find. and mostly i just wanted to get opinions on these places.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding ceremony is going to be at the Raccoon River Park Nature Lodge. I don't know if you just mean the park or the actual nature lodge. Is you are looking for a Saturday, the price of the lodge is $90/hour with a 10 hour minimum, so $900 and then there is a cleanng fee of $150. It's very gorgeous! I just found them on the WDSM parks website. Includes tables and chairs, but we set them up.
    Rose Garden - I think I found info on them on the DSM parks website. I want to say it was only $30 to rent or something.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at the park and the actual lodge. I am looking at a sunday. Do you have their contact information?
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI regarding Hotel Fort Des Moines, it is closed for construction for a significant amount of time.  Depending on when your wedding is at, it may not be an issue.  I know that when we contacted them regarding our October 2011 wedding they informed us about the renovation project. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I don't have any of their contact info handy - Just google West Des Moines Parks and Recreation and you'll find the Nature Lodge. There is an office there that is open every day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at the Holiday Inn at Jordan Creek in West Des Moines.  The minimum food/beverage is approximately $7000, but we will meet that with the food and are having open bar.

Alice is the wedding coordinator there, and she has been great to work with.  I'd definitely recommend them, and the facility is beautiful.  Alice gave us a tour of the entire hotel--even the guest rooms.  They are in mint condition--I was extremely impressed.

Food is made and served by Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. 

We picked this location for our reception because our families are all from out of town, and it is so close to the interstate and easy for them to find!

Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married and having our reception at the Granger Community Center.  If you're anything like me, when you hear, "Community Center," you don't have high hopes when it comes to weddings.  But, it is very nice.  Trust me, I wouldn't get married nor have my reception there if it was not up to par. 

Betty is the gal that I've been working with in conjunction with the community center.  She is so sweet!  Her number is 999-9201. 

The rental fee is extremely friendly at just $400/day ($200/day if you're a resident of Granger) and it is open to all caterers. 

The center is actually a former church.  I thought it was a brand new building until I was informed that it was a church which the city bought, that is how nice it is.  The best part, for me anyhow, is that the city retained the sanctuary, so I still get the church feel but have the entire building for the entire day, making it possible to have everything there. 

They have tables and chairs available for your use, as well as a fully stocked kitchen, with plates, flatware, glasses, etc. All included in the rental fee!

Oh, they also have a 5 CD player and speakers throughout the building, dimmed lighting, separate smaller rooms you could use for kids playrooms, or whatever.  A dressing room for you to get ready in, I could go on and on...  wait, I just did.  Sorry!  I just wanted to share this venue with you as I am extremely impressed.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    smygirlsmygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're having ours at the Ramada Tropics.  If you spend a minimum of $4000 on food (easy to do), the room is included, linens, your hotel room for the night, a limo for an hour (a nice lincoln, 12 person one that sits out front), the set up, the head table and centerpiece decorations (they are pretty basic, but you can just add to what they have), the lighted backdrop behind the head table.  Plus the room is huge, newly renovated, it has the awesome pool/waterpark there, it's close to the interstate, etc.  I could go on and on.  I'm really excited.  Plus the people there are really nice, really helpful and really quick to respond to any questions.  You can set the room up however you want, put the dancefloor wherever, have a separate entrance, private restrooms, etc.  I'd definitely look into it!!  Laughing

• Options
    anlehrkampanlehrkamp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To the person that is renting hte Granger Community Center, How many people does this community center hold? whats the capacity? This sounds perfect for our wedding and reception only if its big enough and i still have to find a officiant...do you have any idea or opinions on that? please le me know...thanks so much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards