Iowa-Des Moines

hello?? anybody?

i feel like this blog has been slow lately! where did everybody go!! don't leave me to plan this wedding alone : ) 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hello?? anybody?

• edited December 2011
    I've been on vacation, but i'm back now!. I'll help you if you help me. lol. I need to find a place to rent a tent for my tent reception. I checked out this place in ames but the chairs are ugly, i mean ugly. chair covers aren't going ot help them. So, i need a new place. Do you know of any with reasonable rates?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still here. Dealing with the Ames Flood though so a bit busy with that. Depleted my wedding savings on emergency care for my cat also. 
  • edited December 2011
    I heard about ames. Our local news in mpls kept showing pics and talking about every hour on the hour. It was nice to be updated but i hope that everyone will be able to clean up soon and insurance will pay for most let's hope.
    Anniversary
  • aasimmonsaasimmons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have been busy with a small vacation to see his family in Oklahoma and when we got back to Iowa we were busy with his cousins wedding. With all the things on our agenda, the floods came and kept us even more busy. My car was completely totaled since the flood water went higher than my dashboard so it is now a junker and we are left with only one vehicle (his two seater small truck) but thankfully our apartment was on the second level. I feel awful about those below us since they are now without a place to stay...construction crews have gutted the entire downstairs. It was really hard for me at first but now all we can do is push forward and realize it could have gone WAY worse and lost everything we owned! I can live without a car for a couple years until we can afford another.
  • edited December 2011
    oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for everybody that has been affected by the flood! best wishes to you and you are all in my thoughts! lean on your FI's for support :)
  • edited December 2011
    i'm here everyday usually except the weekends and i was sick yesterday so that didn't work out too well either! always happy to help!
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you're all around. Somebody just reminded me it's 4 months till my wedding and i got a minor case of the panicks! yikes! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards