Iowa-Des Moines
Options

I need to vent!

My brother has been with the same woman for 11 years now and they have 3 kids together.  Last fall they made the decision to finally tie the knot.  They set the date for July 31st 2010.  I was talking to my mom last november when she was in iowa visiting (she lives in Arizona) and she said my brother and his fiance were thinking about getting married while visiting her over christmas.  I asked them about it and they said it was an idea they were tossing around because she had an opportunity to study abroad in july.  But then that trip got postponed to spring break because of money issues.  So I guess I kinda assumed that the wedding was moved back to july since she had decided not to go on the study abroad trip as well.  Then about 3 weeks ago my brother's fiance posted on facebook saying that they were getting married in 3 weeks in Arizona.  So not only did I not get invited, I didn't even get a phone call to tell me that they were getting married.   I was annoyed but I knew she wanted a small intimate ceremony.  But then I start seeing more facebook status's counting down the weeks and days.  So today was the day.  They put pictures up on facebook a few hours after the ceremony.  I just saw them and started crying.  I am really happy for them because this has been a long time coming for them.  But I just don't understand why they couldn't have called me...and if I'd known just a few weeks earlier i could've been there.  So instead of being at my brother's wedding today I worked for 9.5 hours...I guess I'm just really annoyed.  I want to tell them how happy I am for them, but I'm still angry that if I hadn't logged on to facebook in the last 3 weeks I wouldn't know that my brother got married today.

Re: I need to vent!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow, I would be so hurt and sad! I'm sorry that they didn't bother to invite, or even tell you about it! Was other family there? Either way, it stinks. :(

::hugs::
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards