Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Save the Dates and Invitations

Hey All! I am trying to get save the dates and invitations ordered. Anyone have any good websites and/or places to look? I don't want to spend a lot of money and want to keep them with the same theme.

Re: Save the Dates and Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    vista print!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second vistaprint.com  go on the website and sign up for their emails.  You will get a boat load of coupons for free stuff ex: 100 postcards save the dates, 140 address labels, 250 business card photo share cards all for free I paid shipping, which was $10.50.  I think all that for 11 bucks is pretty darn good.  Better than you are going to do anywhere else. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and invitations, I would look at cardsandpockets.com or paper and more (I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think that is it).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I as well got my STDs from Vistaprint.com
    I'm probably getting my invitations from mygatsby.com - the prices seem really great and you can order samples (they do cost,  but it was cheap) and I really liked the quality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also say Vistaprint, but definitely sign up for the coupons first.  I would also check out Etsy.com.  I found some really reasonably priced, nice invites.  I almost went with someone from there. 

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another VistaPrint gal here!  I ordered my STD magnets and postcards through them and was pleased.

I made my own invitations, kinda.  lol!  I purchased a "kit" from Michaels which was clearanced to $15/50, I purchased 2 as I only need 90 invites.  And then, gave it my own touch.  It had a fugly (to me anyhow) leaf on it, I can't describe it...  So, I used a punch and cut it out, created a monogram (fiance did), printed the monogram on cardstock, tacked it to the invite from the back of the invite, then tacked a slightly larger piece of cardstock behind that.  I achieved the layered, personalized look for far less than if I would have purchased the materials separately.  The kit came with RSVP cards as well, with the same leaf, naturally, so I used a coordinating punch and tacked over the leaf on the RSVP to create a 3-d layered look.  I should take pictures in put them in a bio.  I didn't consider myself crafty at all before this and am now having a blast with DIY projects!  I think my total cost for the invites and RSVPs is under $40, not inculding postage of course.

Sorry for the rambling above, I just get so excited when talking about wedding stuff!  lol!  My point is, even if you don't consider yourself crafty, the DIY kits out there are EASY peasy and can be customized to an extent...
  • Options
    kitc101kitc101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vistaprint.com or zazzle.com... both send you email coupons. :-)
  • Options
    milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using VistaPrint for my STDs too.  I'm also doing my own invites, similar to Mrs. Fink.  I bought three packages of invites from Target (I think they were $29.99/50) and I'll be adding a belly band with a pearl applique to seal it, to make it more personalized and my style. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know anyone who studied art or graphic design?  Have them design an invite for you (and whatever else you need), and head to Kinkos.  My sister did this, and her invites/RSVPs were one-of-a-kind and beautiful.  I'm hoping to do the same!
  • Options
    srteacher75srteacher75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lotus Moments in Des Moines is awesome.  They can design and print everything and I think the prices are reasonable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards