Iowa-Des Moines
Options

florist question

Hi girls, is anyone using Kristy's Kreations for flowers out of Altoona?  If so I'd love to hear some feedback.  Thanks!

Re: florist question

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of her! But maybe you could ask her if she has a previous bride she worked with that you can get in contact with?
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny you mention that...that is actually my problem!  I had a consult with her 3 weeks ago yesterday and she told me a quote would take 2 weeks.  I called her yesterday on lunch and left a voicemail on her cell and haven't heard a peep!  Setting up a consult with her took some work too.  She told me she would get back to me on a certain day and I didn't hear from her for several days later.  It just makes me wary because I want someone that is reliable and can communicate with me!  Didn't know if anyone else had these issues.  Thanks for your input...may be searching for a new florist!  Our wedding is at the end of Aug so the time crunch is starting to hit!
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would seriously consider the HyVee in Altoona.  I am getting married in Altoona as well and wanted to keep the options close.  Dottie at the HyVee was great, had lots of ideas to build on my own & they're very reasonable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With all of the problems you are having getting in touch with her I would suggest someone else!! HyVee does do a great job! If not Bosens, or a different place. I would had to see you having a hard time getting a hold of her on the wedding day!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    ammbcinceammbcince member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with the Westlakes Hy-Vee. I work there and the girls are great! If you get your catering, flowers, and cake done through Hy-Vee you get a ten percent discount. Ask for a coupon, its worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your input!!  I called her again yesterday on her house phone and she actually called me back.  She told me she'd have a quote by wed and that all of the florists have been busy with easter, mothers day, secretarys day ect. so they were busy and couldn't get back to her on prices.  She does this out of her house so I have heard it's quite a bit cheaper than going thru a business.  We shall see...If it doesn't work out I will def keep your ideas in mind.  Wish me luck ha ha!
  • Options
    Nona ViaNona Via member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If all the florists are busy, then how important is your wedding to them?  Your business should be just as much a priority as the holidays they work around.  As a person who works directly with brides, I think its very important that your vendor give you a timeline when you can expect a quote and then deliver it as promised.  I am leery of doing business with vendors who have trouble keeping in touch.  Its true what they say, you generally get what you pay for, so cheapest isn't always best.  Most important is finding someone who you feel you can work well with that has proven to be trust worthy.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely be cautious, if she can't back to you when she said she would before she even has a deposit, imagine how much worse it will be once she has your money in hand.  Also, shouldn't she have known that all of those holidays were coming up?  Why didn't she give you a different quote time if she knew she would be too busy to get back to you?  The whole thing would give me a bad feeling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards