Iowa-Des Moines

Outdoor fall wedding near des moines

Hey I am planning on getting married the first part of October and would love it to be an outside wedding but I'm having a hard time finding a place that isn't a hotel or conference room. Does anyone know of any parks or something that would work? Thanks :D

Re: Outdoor fall wedding near des moines

• Jester Park, Greenwood Park and the Rose Garden, Simon Estes Amphitheater.
  • Toad Valley Golf Course, any golf course really.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • What is "near" Des Moines?  We had ours at Seven Oaks in Boone and it worked great! Everyone liked that we rented the ski lift for them to "ride" on... plus the price was good and it came with a bartender.  We thought it would be an issue for people coming from Dsm but everyone still came :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cooper Creek golf course in Pleasant Hill has a large covered patio and then a reception room. The patio works out nice because you have the outdoor scenery but if it's raining you don't have to worry about a back up plan. 

I also like the capitol grounds, you get the outdoor and urban feel. Depending on the size of your wedding, there are many different locations that you can hold your wedding but my favorite is by the Shattering Sound monument which is up on a hill and overlooks the Des Moines skyline. If you did get married here, you'd probably have to have another location for your reception. There is no charge to hold a wedding here which is a plus!
    Here's the link to information: http://das.iowa.gov/gse/events/faq/weddings.pdf 

Also, winery's are a good option. They usually have an outdoor ceremony space and indoor reception space. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards