Iowa-Des Moines
Options

STORYBOOK WEDDINGS IN BOONE,IA

Has anyone purchased their dress for StoryBook Weddings in Boone? I am thinking about getting my dress there, because it is the least expensive for this particular dress in any store around the Des Moines area. Any feedback? Or horror stories? THANKS ALL!

Re: STORYBOOK WEDDINGS IN BOONE,IA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that particular bridal shop is a hit or miss. I never bought anything from there because it was too expensive. In high school one of my friends tried to get her prom dress from there, she ordered, had it altered and everything. She went to pick it up and found out that they had sold the dress to someone else. If you look at reviews(like i have) you will see that it's not always the best place. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!!!
  • Options
    ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried to buy my dress there but their phone either was disconnected, or on the off-chance it did ring no one ever answered it.  I know some people who have been really happy with them but they weren't that great for me.  good Luck though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there when I was dress shopping.  I called ahead and made an appt.  When I got there the "consultant" had me and my friends find the dresses then led me to a dressing room that looked like storage as it had several manequins in it.  Then she told me to let her know if I needed any help.  When I went out to find her she was helping another person.  I finally decided to have my friends help me put the dresses on and then I had to wait every time to be able to use one of the full length mirrors.  After trying on a few dresses we ended up leaving without saying anything because the "consultant" had disappeared again. I did not have a good experience there, and I haven't heard too many good things from other people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also did not have a good experience there. One suggestion, you could take the quote to another dress store and see if they can match it? I did that and go $300 off my dress! Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards