Iowa-Des Moines

Gigglin Goat/City View Reception Hall Boone, IA

Has anyone ever been to or had their wedding reception at City View Reception Hall (Gigglin Goat) in Boone, Iowa???

Re: Gigglin Goat/City View Reception Hall Boone, IA

• McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't been to anything there, but went there to look at their facility for our dinner rehearsal.  I know the City View Hall is super big.  The restaurant was MUCH nicer than we expected (with a name Gigglin' Goat!).

We decided to go with Seven Oaks in Boone for our wedding reception, but still may use Gigglin' Goat for our rehearsal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we have gone there for 2 receptions. The was good, nothing too fancy but good comfort food.

The space is big, but if you have a lot of people coming I'd say more than 100 it's too small. The way they had to setup the DJ we couldn't hear anything that was going on because of the place we were sat.

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011

We went and looked at it Friday night and were pleasantly impressed by it, too.  They say they can seat 320 and that is how many people we would have.  By looking at it, I would think that it could never hold 320.  We currently have Hickory Hall reserved, but they keep raising their prices and we can't lock the price in until 90 days before our wedding which is July 7, 2012.  They are also trying to limit us to a 6 hour time.  We are having a Catholic wedding which takes place at 2PM and if the reception started right away we would have to be out of there by 10.  I don't really like that.  They are also being very restrictive on alcohol consumption and I want my guests to have fun and not be uncomfortable.  They have said they will shut down the bar if things get out of hand...which I don't know what their "out of hand" is?  I'm just getting a really bad feeling about Hickory Hall.  We still have ample time to go somewhere else, but the problem is that we need a place big enough to hold at least 300 people that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Any suggestions?

edited December 2011
    Yeah thats really tough!  Seven Oaks only seats 235.  We are using Hickory Park for our catering and they were $7.75 when we "reserved" them in March.  Our "final" price is $9.00 ... if that helps?

I would say if you are uncomfortable with their restrictions then keep looking, but don't get too hung up on the details.  Can you change your wedding time to a later time or does it have to be 2pm?

I know the CPMI event center in Ames is very pretty and can seat 350.
    http://www.cpmieventcenter.com/facilities.php

Theres also the Ames Elks Lodge, not sure how many it seats.

The Ames Golf and Country club seats 250 but has another level for 60 so they can hold 310 total.
    http://www.amesgolfcc.com/banquets.htm
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately 2 is the latest time we can have our wedding.  I am going to look into your suggestions.

Thank you!!
    edited December 2011
    OH! I almost forgot about Gates Memorial Hall - it's in Nevada but I've heard it's nice.
  • Never been to a wedding at the giggling goat, but did eat there once for supper. Venue was really nice but the food was terrible! Dont know if that helps any.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards