Iowa-Des Moines

Sand, candle, or tree

What type of unity ceremony are you having?

FI and I are planting a tree. Since we are having the wedding at their farm we can watch it grow over the years :)
Anniversary

Re: Sand, candle, or tree

• edited December 2011
    We are doing sand.... fi is kind of a pyro, so I'm not sure I could get him to stop playing with the fire and the candle.... sand is safer and I like that we can keep it to look at.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Are you going to do sand in different colors? If so, what colors are you going to use?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a wedding *joking aside*. We aren't doing anything additional to symbolize our unity.
  • edited December 2011
    We did the sand ceremony. My 2 sons added different colors of sand as well. I poured white, husband poured black and my 2 boys each poured a different wedding color (hot pink and teal). We had lots of people say they loved this and that it either made them cry or almost made them cry (even grown men). We also had a friend and her daughter singing the song "When God Made You" which I am sure added to the emotion!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a sand ceremony, we're putting it in a picture frame that will have one of our engagement photos in it. We haven't decided what colors yet, but we'll get there!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a unity candle during our wedding.  But a friend of mine got married a few years ago and they did a tree and it was really great because it allowed more of their family to be involved.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    With the sand, we haven't decided for sure on the colors. I would like to be able to find sand in our colors, but if it doesn't work out I am not going to be too upset about it.  I think I found a place online to order sand in diff. colors from.  Seems every time I am at Michaels or the like, all they have is tan, white, black, blue and from time to time purple. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards