Iowa-Des Moines

ceremony venue help

anyone know any outdoor areas that are covered? im contemplating an outdoor ceremony but worried about weather so i figured if i could find somewhere covered it would be easier
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ceremony venue help

• I'm getting married at Gray's Lake on the Terrace which has a portion which is covered! Our wedding is in 66 days! I'm not sure if it will really protect from rain but we have a back up plan of using our reception site in case it does.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married in north Iowa in August.  I'm more worried about beating sun than rain, although it's been known to rain up here that time of year.  I am ordering tents to be delivered and set up over the ceremony seating and preception buffet in our first venue, then outside our second, reception, venue [the indoor space isn't large enough to accomodate our guest list].
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jester Park Lodge might be covered. I can't remember.
    I had my wedding ceremony at the Raccoon River Park Nature Lodge. The outside patio is not covered but the inside is really pretty and had all windows facing the lack so it might feel like you're outside!
  • OH also the Des Moines Botanical Garden. I think it had like a wood awning type over the outside patio, so slightly covered but not entirely, from what I can remember!
  • edited June 2012
    The zoo has a covered area outside where you can get married. If it's the place with the pictures on their website, it looks really pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards