WR/NWR, anything!
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Weekend Wrap-Up!

• edited December 2011
    WR- Got the invitation sent out on Friday and started getting messages from people that they had them by Saturday!  Went for my first dress fitting on Friday afternoon.  FI has a ring being ordered in for him to see if he likes it, if he does we will have his ring taken care of.  Worked on painting frames for hanging on the pews at the church and for putting on the tables at the reception.
    NWR- Tried to stay cool.  Hung out at the pool on Sunday.
    Anniversary
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR- Got my invitations from VP. They are different colors, which irritates me, but I'm not sure anybody will notice. Met with our DJ, started spray-painting items for centerpieces.
    NWR- Saw "Harry Potter," had some drinks and stayed in the air-conditioning!
  • edited December 2011
    WR: Sent invites out on Saturday after arguing with the post office (FYI--make sure they double check your postage--mine was wrong and I even went in to get it weighted and everything about a weekago. I had a feeling it wasn't the right amount and asked the guy to weigh one again and he said it wasn't enough, so I stood there and added another stamp to all my invites.) I also ordered my flowers through Hy-vee. The ladies there are very helpful and I have found their prices to fit our budget exactly! I'm so relieved to have those two things done, although, sending the invites was extremely nerve-wrecking! On Sunday we went to West Des Moines to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and Kohl's to do some updating to our registeries. We started them online but knew we'd want to go to the store to pick out things like towels and bedding.

NWR: Did some laundry and tried to stay out of the heat. Sunday night we went and go twist cones from Dairy Queen because the only thing that remotely sounded good was ice cream!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NWR - Had dinner/drinks with some friends in town from Cedar Rapids on Friday night. Saturday morning I met a friend at the farmer's market for a little while, then we did some very minor home improvement projects we've had on our list for a while.  Sunday we broke out the kiddie pool & enjoyed with a cocktail or two.  We also made our first batch of dill pickles, very exciting! haha 

WR - I hand wrote all of the addresses on our invites.  Tonight we are finishing things up, hoping to mail them out by tomorrow! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WR: sent my friend an e-mail telling her the finishing details of the invites.

NWR: Went up north to a cabin and watched a guitar challenge. Lots of fun :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards