Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Weekend Wrap-Up

We can talk, wedding related happenings over the weekend, or non-wedding related happenings!!
It's up to you!!

What did you do this weekend?

Lets here how your time at the Bridal Show went, and if you didn't go lets hear about what you did do!!
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Weekend Wrap-Up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WR- I feel like I got alot accomplished. Finalized wedding invitations and now working on save the dates ( i did them backwards I know) We had our engagement pictures on Saturday. Had a blast! And today I did go to the bridal show. I got some information from DJS there that hopefully will be useful. I need to get that check booked.

NWR: I need to get up and clean but instead i'm still planning...:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR- got our registries done this weekend.  We had a lot of fun looking at stuff.  I also got our STDs ordered so they should be here by the end of the month.

NWR- Watching football... that is about all I got accomplished today.  I did clean a little bit.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Sheridan and the HyveeConference Shows. The Sheridan was the most fun, in my own opinion. It seemed like they had more variety. I got a phone call tonight that my fiance and i won a 3day 2 night cruise from dinner4two....all we have to do is come to a 90 minute presentation where they cook for us with 20 other couples that "also won" at 8:30 tomorrow and we can buy stuff but don't have to and the flight is not included.....hmmmm this all sounds like a scam or timeshare or something. I don't think we will go. What do you guys think? I am not trying to be ungrateful but it just sounds kind of scammish.......
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

WR: Went to the bridal shows, I agree with mlharrison Sheridan was the best!
    I made a mock up of our invites, I will post when I hook my camera up.

NWR: Hung out with my sister, and worked :(

--mlharrison: I would say that they want you to for sure buy something, and if you want to go have at it, however I wouldn't. I would bet the type and "niceness" of the cruise will depend on what you buy/dont' buy!

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR:  Guest list!  I swear it will be the death of me!!  And picked up some color swatches at David's.  Went to the bridal show at the Sheraton.  It was fun, and I some yummy cake!!  I have most of my big stuff done so it was more for ideas and something to do!

NWR:  Hung out with FI and had a very chill weekend, it was lovely!! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: I got my dress, two bridesmaid dresses and the mother of the groom dress.

NWR: I worked and saw my sister for a few minutes. I wish i would've had more tiime with my family but, my MIL took up most of my time(lame)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: Went to the Sheraton & Hy-Vee bridal shows--both had great ideas.  Narrowing down tuxes & transportation.  Anyone using Urge buses?  They were SO fun & great customer service so far.  Hoping to book with them :-)

Also-side note--the last bridal shows in September I was told I won a cruise, too.  It was ridiculous, and I did some researching on the company...we didn't go to the presentation and ignored all proceeding phone calls from them.  Trust me, they called a LOT, and always late at night and with TN area codes..very strange.

NWR: shopped with my girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LRPJ, you are right!!! It is always a weird area code. I left them a message last night saying we would not be coming and are not interested. They called me tonight and asked why I didn't want to come....I said we don't want to pay for plane tickets. So she said, "well we have tons of areas in the united states you can go to." I said, "I am sorry but we still won't be going." I told them it sounds like some type of scam or timeshare. haha. Also, I asked the girl on the phone if we for sure won the trip and she said, "well pretty much, some of the couples will win." The guy that called me last night said I did win because my name came up on the computer! Just crazy! I told them, thanks but they can draw a different name and the girl on the phone acted like I was crazy for saying that. Ahhh. Sorry, I am done-just had to vent a little on this and maybe it will help someone else out too!!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: No bridal; shower for me, and on top of  it a wedding planner crisis.Still working on it

NWR:Now I am involved deep in a friends wedding (April/30 that has not a clue where to start it from and I am helping her out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards