Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Bachelorette party ideas (no alcohol)

So, I really don't want a bachelorette party.  I don't drink, don't party (I'm older...pushing 40), and just am not in that scene.  However, my MOH is insistent that we have one. 

Her idea is Glazed Expressions where everyone can make something for me (plates, or whatever).  I'm fine with that.  Kinda, I don't have room for more things in our house.  True... 

I'm trying to think of other options as well.  I'd love to do a day at the spa but not everyone can afford that right now. 

I would honestly have fun going for coffee, shopping for honeymoon stuff, coming back home (or to someone's house or hotel) and doing home spa treatments, watch chick flicks, and just relax and laugh.

Hopefully, that gives you a little insight on how I am so that you can all suggest other things to do in Central Iowa which I am forgetting.

Thank you!

Re: Bachelorette party ideas (no alcohol)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am right there with you on not wanting to do anything too crazy.  I might go to Blue Moon Piano Bar for mine, but that is probably the extent of it. 

I was also thinking about a spa day, so I like your idea of an at home spa get together.  Maybe it could be a whole day for everyone coffee, little shopping, at home spa treatments, getting dressed up, going out to a nice dinner, finding some place that is playing live music or something like that.  HTH!

Anniversary
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about shopping, dinner, and a movie? Maybe a show at the Funny Bone?

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh!  I love the Funny Bone idea!  I haven't been there for a  couple years but, yes!  Great idea!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Funny bone is a good idea!
    I was also thinking you could have a Mary Kay party or a Lia Sophia party! Those are 2 that I've personally had before so that's the only reason why I picked that, but those are always fun and just a good way to have all your girlfriend's over.
    When are you looking to have this? If it's summery maybe you could all go to a pool or just some sort of outdoor activity.
    Hope that helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about just a nice dinner with all your girls?  You are still going out, but nothing outrageous.  Then head home for chick flicks and chocolate.  I think that would be a lot of fun, yet still pretty low-key.  There are a lot of options that do not involve shots and strippers!  :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    Downtown there is a cooking place!  I have heard it is a lot of fun. Alessanda Meschini has a studio in the East Village and she does private party cooking classes.  She prepares and appetizer and you can make the main dish together.

Another idea might be a passion party?  Those are always fun too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mcsweets I love the cooking party!  That would be so fun!  Good idea!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    Something that we did with my friend was a "pole dancing class".  It was with Kees Camp in West Des Moines and oh man!!!  We were a group ages 25 - 55.  The instructor is really cool (she has never been a stripper).  I think she is in her high 30's to low 40's and has 2 kids.  She really lightens the mood and it was just a ton of fun.  None of us are very coordinated, but it was fun watching everyone fumble around the poles!  They are private classes, so you wont be in there with strangers!  Lots of laughs that day!!!  (and o man what a workout!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think a cooking class would be a blast. 

Have you thought about Aveda by Jordan Creek for pedis/manis?  I think they would be cheaper, and still get a little pampering in there :-)

A jewelry party would be a great idea.  Premier Jewelry is cheaper than Lia Sophia (although I do love LS, too), depending on what your budget is.  I have a friend that is a consultant and would do a great job. 

You could do "game night" and have a few board games, girl talk and watch movies together. 

The pole-dancing class would be a hoot!!  I love it, haha!

Either way, I think it's great that your MOH still would like to do something special for you, and a very nice gesture! Have a blast!

• Options
    kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could maybe have a lingerie shower of some sort in the plalce of a bachelorette party. Still something fun. but not outragious drunkeness
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards