Iowa-Des Moines

Wedding Dress Tailor Needed - DSM area

Hi - I need to have my dress altered, my mother was going to do it, but it needs more altering now than initially expected.

Do you know of a tailer in the DSM area?

Thank you!

Re: Wedding Dress Tailor Needed - DSM area

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do a search on the bottom of this page, I am sure we've had a thread or two about this. I can't remember all of the recommendations off the top of my head.

Edit:

Here is what I found

Clicky
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called around to a few of the people previously recommended.  I actually took mine to Rhonda at Bridal Elegance in Urbandale.  It's a fairly new bridal shoppe and she does outside alterations right in the shoppe.  I don't have my dress back yet, but I've gone in for two fittings and have really liked what I've seen thus far (and both owners are SOOOOOO nice).
  • edited December 2011
    Transformations by Keri - out of the Bridal Boutique in the East Village
  • Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recommendations - I will first try the one in Urbandale, since that is where I live.  I'll use Bridal Boutique as my backup.  Thank you, Ladies!  I really appreciate it!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my appt Tuesday with Rhonda at Bridal Elegance in Urbandale.  Marsha, who answers the phone during the day (maybe the owner??) was fantastic and very informative.  If anyone wants pricing information, taking in side seams starts at $30, and hemming starts at $40.  It of course goes up with beading, tiers, trains, etc., but that was a great starting point.

I'll follow up after my alteration with more info!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stopped in on Saturday to check out Bridal Elegance.  Marsha was extremely organized and personable.  I would highly recommend Bridal Elegance for wedding dresses, tux rentals (you can design your own online) and alterations by Rhonda.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards