Iowa-Des Moines

Des Moines Area Docks / Piers

Does anyone know of a dock / fishing pier area that would accomodate a wedding ceremoney? My fiance said he wanted to be married on a dock, so I'm trying to incorporate his idea into the ceremony. I have seen pictures of Big Creek State Park which has a pier area - but I'm not sure how heavily used that would be in August on a Saturday. Would only need to have it closed off for an hourish for the ceremony anyway. Are there any places anyone can think of in the metro area? We are leaving toward having the reception at Izaak Walton League which is by waterworks park. I think I need to drive around down there and see what it down there.

I have also been checking out Gray's Lake for a possible ceremony location. Anyone have any ideas or comments about this location? Concerned about the noise level being it's on Fleur Dr. What are everyone's thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Des Moines Area Docks / Piers

• Ooo, that one is hard.
    Maybe something at Saylorville Lake?
    Our wedding ceremony was at Raccoon River Park's Nature Lodge. It was inside but there's a large lake and they have a fishing pier.... but I always see old men fishing at it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards