Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Hair/Makeup in Ames???

HELP!!  I have no idea where to go to get my hair and/or makeup done in Ames.  We're planning from out of town and our family that lives near Ames hasn't had many ideas.  I'm starting to worry about this because I want to get a trial in pretty quick (May wedding).  I'm also looking for a place that will do a great job and not cost a fortune!!  Any ideas??  Thanks!

Re: Hair/Makeup in Ames???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The JCPenney salon is nice, and not overly overpriced. I used to live in the area and had Misti do many up-dos. She is awesome at them. I'm not sure if she still works there anymore or not. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gone yet, but I am planning on going to the Salon Academy that is in Ames for my hair trial (and make up) because they are so cheap and I don't have much in my budget for hair and make-up. I figure if they are good I'll hire them for my wedding day. Just be sure to let them know when your wedding is and that you want an experienced person who will not have graduated by the time your wedding rolls around. They need the practice and my wallet needs a break and since they are all supervised by an instructor, I feel pretty comfortable trying them out. If it doesn't work I'm not out much and if it does, I'm not out much either. There are also some salon's on Main Street you could check into. The Salon in Ames is supposed to be pretty good and there is a place called Chic Salon. Hope that helps!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats a good idea for the academy --- I am going to be in Ames too and am also looking for ideas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saw your post and wanted to help out.  I am a stylist who has just relocated to Des Moines from Chicago.  I have done tons of weddings and events in the city and want to contiue that here.  If you are interested please email me and we can chat more.  Thanks.

Elizabeth
    elizabethmitchell1979@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards