*Deleted*

*Deleted*
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Deleted*

• Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness...I'm so sorry!  I would definitely feel the same way that you are.  Especially with the fair, it's not cheap!   I've actually had similar type situations with some family/friends regarding our wedding and the shower/bachelorette party that is this Saturday.  

I think the best advice that I can tell you, is to do everything you can to not focus on them & this situation.  Although, I know it can be frustrating (Im in the same boat, it's not easy!) But overall, there is go much good going on in your life right now, that you just have to focus on all the good.  

I know it can be difficult, especially when you have done so much for them & they don't appear to be doing the same for you in this situation.  I was feeling a little like this, that my MOH was not really helping me out the same way that I did for her wedding.  But I had to tell myself to just accept what is, that not everyone is going to handle the situation the same way I do....and that what I did for her, was out of the goodness of my heart & my love for her and I was not "keeping score".  And I'm not saying that you are by any means!!  It was just what I had to tell myself to try to put my frustration to rest.  

If you really feel compelled to say something and you have the type of close relationship where you can talk honestly, then perhaps you could send a very diplomatic email or even a phone call if you feel comfortable.  Talk about how you're feeling.  I  am sure that as a recent bride, she will understand the huge jumble of emotions we are all going through at the moment (myself included, you & I are wedding date twins Smile) It's like we're on a rollercoaster daily!  You can relay that you are sympathetic to her financial situation but that you're just feeling disappointed that she won't be there to celebrate with you.   

I hope that helps & I hope things work out for you.  I know how frustrating and hurtful it can feel.  Regardless, I hope that you have an amazing time with those who will be there for the shower & bachelorette...and that you truly enjoy your day! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem!  I am glad that it helped you....you're definitely not alone on this one!  :-) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel for you. I know we're not supposed to judge how people spend their money, and that I know that I can't expect others to help out with stuff, but it doesn't mean your feelings aren't hurt when people say one thing and do another. My bach party is this weekend and I have a cousin coming in from out of town. She's been badgering my BMs about the fact that she has to help pay for the party bus. Everybody is chipping in (including me), that's just how it works. Plus, she is mad that she can't stay at my house and it's all just a big pain. If you can't afford it, don't come. My feelings won't be hurt. But don't come and complain that you're even there.
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry, I agree with PP she gave you great advice.

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    Boo DD, but I understand why.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!