Iowa-Des Moines

Grooms mother!!!!!

Hey ladies 
 Im about to flip out my guys mother is trying to get out of paying for anything What do i do??? I have talked to him about it but when he talks to her about it she is always saying " i will see what i can do" 

Any Ideas are greatly neededSmile

Re: Grooms mother!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Did she offer tohelp pay for things when you were in the beginning stages of planning? If she didn't offer to pay for things then you can't assume she can afford to pay for things.  If she did offer to pay for things then I would just have your FI talk to her and say "you offered to pay for this and this and now you are backing out...what is going on?"
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah she did offer but anything he brings it up its like she dont even want to help pay but she wants things her way!! Its driving me nuts
  • edited December 2011
    Hahaha...I understand the feeling! I am in the same kind of situation right now.  What I would do is say "If you are willing to pay for that then we will do it the way you want it."  If she is going to pay for it then she has some say in the decision about that item (notice I said some...it is still your wedding)
  • edited December 2011
    She's not required to pay for anything. If she's being too difficult, just pay for the wedding yourself. 
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Kendra is right...you can't tell anyone to pay for your wedding...If they want to that is great

• edited December 2011
    You're lucky she even offered.  As of right now, my parent's are paying for everything.  In the past, the groom's (my brother in-law's) parents paid for the tuxes and rehearsal dinner, but both of those sets of parents were married.  My FI's parents are divorced and one is remarried.  As of right now, none of his parents have offered to pay, and since Mike is building us our house right now he doesn't have any extra funds to pay for any wedding stuff (hence the main reason why I don't have a ring).  Sometimes Mike say's he is going to talk to his mom and dad about paying for stuff, but sometimes he changes his mind.  Anyways... (sorry to get off topic a lil bit, I'm good at that Smile)

Perhaps, you could figure out exactly what you want her to pay for.  It is the tradition for the groom's parents to pay for rehearsal meal and tuxes, so maybe you could suggest that to her; of course, I don't know how big of a budget she has.  What she said is right, it's important to get her input on what she is paying for, but it is still your wedding; you have the final decision.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards