Iowa-Des Moines

Rehersal dinner spots in Ames?

Hey ladies, I was wondering if any of you could help me with finding a neat resturant to have my RH dinner at. I originally was going to have it where we are getting married BUT I don't want to mess around with that too much. Any ideas of where to go? Anything but Hickory Park.  Thanks for your  help :)
Anniversary

Re: Rehersal dinner spots in Ames?

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, last RD I went to was at Apple Bee's, I'm not sure what all they have up there. I'll ask my sister, see where she had hers!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • nataliesdunnnataliesdunn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hickory Park, greek place, so many great places
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey I think we are going to use "The Cafe" their food looks really good, not at all like a typical Cafe!  Also Aunt Maudes we are considering too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Olde Main Brewing Co.!   I love that place!   They brew their own beer and root beer, have a long scotch list, reasonable prices and a wonderful ambience.  We're going with Smokey D's in Des Moines since I have a hookup there, but that's one that we considered as well.  Definitely worth checking out!

http://www.oldemainbrewing.com/

For some reason, they don't have many pictures of the place on the website.  But when I went there, I was really impressed with the upscale details.  It's stylish without being stuffy.
  • ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second The Cafe and Olde Maine, both are delicious and you really couldn't go wrong with either.  You should also look into Dublin Bay, the food is delicious and the have a seperate room for parties, rehearsal dinners etc.  So it would be more private.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe Lucullan's?  http://www.lucullans.com/

I grew up in Ames but I don't know about the nicer places since I didn't go out to eat much :o
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • jcdirectorjcdirector member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There truly is amazing places to eat in Ames.  The first question I would ask yourself about the rehearsal dinner is do you want it to be casual or formal?  We chose a more casual rehearsal dinner because we are having a formal sit down meal for the reception and members of the wedding party have kids.  This would be the first question.

Now for places to eat:
    1. Resturaunt in Gateway Hotel (Stater?) Great Food and an intimate atmosphere.
    2. The Cafe (but challenging if you have a large party)
    3. Legends (offers great view, plus fun atmosphere)
    4. Olde Main
    5. Gigglin' Goat (Don't judge on Name...it is located in Boone: 15 min. West of Ames and has some great atmosphere too!)

HOpefully that helps a little bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards