Iowa-Des Moines

Weekend Wrap-Up

We can talk, wedding related happenings over the weekend, or non-wedding related happenings!!
It's up to you!!

What did you do this weekend?
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Weekend Wrap-Up

• edited December 2011
    After not doing wedding stuff for far too long (about a month), we finally checked some stuff off this weekend!  Yesterday we were interviewed by our officiant and paid the deposit, so we have someone to marry us (yay!)  And we also received the contract for the DJ in the mail, just have to mail that out tomorrow and we have something else checked off.

NWR: On Friday night we had a date night and went to a movie and dinner and did a little shopping.  We saw The King's Speech--I highly recommend it.  And this afternoon we're headed to a book club with some friends.  Besides the weather life is pretty good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I met with a wedding photographer! It was lots of fun! That's such a fun aspect of the planning for me, it was great to look at some photos and talk with someone who loves what she does and understands the importance!

NWR: Played Bunco & 'The 80s game' with some friends - there were drinks involved so it made it a lot more fun! I'm definitely dreaming of a warm up in the weather though!!
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to see Black Swan-which is good, definitely makes you scratch your head a little bit afterwards…we also had dinner at Rubes Steakhouse and then went bowling with some friends.

Nothing wedding related this weekend-but we went and registered at Target and ordered our wedding bands last weekend, and we're going to go register at Bed, Bath, and Beyond on Wednesday.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • saraann62saraann62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NWR-We went to the Rascal Flatts concert in Omaha.  Did some shopping and stayed the night at the Old Market.  It was lots of fun.  Watched the foorball games on Sunday.

WR-They called Saturday morning to tell me my invites were done so I am going to pick them upi today.  I also bought wedding items at Hobby Lobby.  I hope to get lots of wedding stuff done this week!
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NWR: Date night on Saturday, just went out to eat at Outback because we had a gift card from Christmas.  Sunday we had friends stop by for football! 

WR: Booked our rehearsal dinner location!  We decided on the Walnut Woods State Park Lodge.  I can hold up to 75 people indoors & your catering is up to you.  It's one of the only places we were looking at that had the capacity, allowed our choice of caterer & allowed us to have alcohol (beer & wine only).  We are not sure who we are using for caterer yet (we want BBQ) but at least we have the location set.  It even has an amazing large fireplace!    Pretty excited about that! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: Well this week I got my Dress!! Decided that I might want to get a Makeup Trial going on, to see what they would look like in pictures because I do not wear makeup everyday.

NWR: Worked, I got sick for 2 days :( But worked other than that!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    WR:  Addressed STDs and continued to look at invites.

NWR:  Played Bunco with some girlfriends on Friday night (lots of laughs), then Saturday went to breakfast with a good friend, Saturday night date night with FI at BWW and then Cold Stone.  Back to the gym today to work those babies off ha!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    WR: booked the rehearsal/welcome party dinner, get enrolled in the pre  wedding seminar in my church, browsed for invites and ordered the STD.

NWR: it was my DIL birthday and they threw a costume party in my house's basement; it was fun to see everyone in costumes (In Italy this is pre carnival season). I am not in a mood for parties, but they were happy and had lots of fun until 2 AM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards