Iowa-Des Moines

Weekend Wrap-UP!!!

We can talk, wedding related happenings over the weekend, or non-wedding related happenings!!
It's up to you!!

What did you do this weekend?
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Weekend Wrap-UP!!!

• edited December 2011
    I finished my bridesmaid hair flowers, picked out vest colors for the tuxes, hung out with my nephew who is in town from Oklahoma. He is 8.  Laundry folding.....lots of it! ;(  Tomorrow night I am meeting with our required church wedding coordinator who already has given me a hard time about not being baptized.  :(
  • kholle13kholle13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We finally got our engagement photo's taken! I can't wait to see how they turn out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WR: I finally bought my shoes and aisle runner, got the personalized tote bags and flip flops for the BM, sent the checks to the florist and wedding coordinator, bought the thank you cards for the shower (next Sunday), ordered the truffles for the reception.   
  • kholle13kholle13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_weekend-wrap-up-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:f31a1e73-0e64-4f91-bca7-e8b0a30787baPost:cb664e4d-0bc5-4130-8a4e-5c17927f3f21">Re: Weekend Wrap-UP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WR: I finally bought my shoes and aisle runner, got the personalized tote bags and flip flops for the BM, sent the checks to the florist and wedding coordinator, bought the thank you cards for the shower (next Sunday), ordered the truffles for the reception.   
    Posted by hsbstone[/QUOTE]

Who did you order your truffles from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WR- Picked out the tuxes this weekend, added a couple more things to the registry, cut the insert cards for the invitations, FI looked at wedding rings for him this week, got my shower invitation for my bridal shower FI's mom is throwing in July! 
    NWR- more spring cleaning even though spring is almost over, bowling on the xbox w/ FI.
    Anniversary
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like everyone was very productive!

WR: Worked on our programs, worked on another set of programs :) Got started on our RSVP cards, need to print them out and then invites are all done!

NWR: Waiting to hear back about the house we put an offer in on, worked and worked some more!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    WR: Finished the invites...again...I thought I had them done but decided I wasn't happy with the fonts, so I switched them up and did some test prints and am very happy with them now. I also finished designing the programs and did a test print on those as well. I tried to do a mock-up of the pocketfolds/create a template to use (I'm trying to diy instead of order) and it was a complete failure, so I'll have to keep working on those. I received the groomsmen's shirts on Saturday and the color was way off, so I searched again, found one I think is closer to what we had originally bought from Kohl's. I've had a hard time finding the right shade in a shirt that can also be ordered in a big and tall size. I love the shirts we originally found, but the largest option was just a little too snug for him. So, I reordered and am planning on returning the other shirts back to Penny's after work. It's hard to find what you're looking for when no one carry's a good selection of Big & Tall in the stores (other than white, blue, and black)--it makes finding the right shade difficult! I also bought my shoes on Friday--not what I had intended but I love them!
    NWR: Not much. Did a lot of house cleaning and laundry on Sunday; my fi smoked a pork shoulder for about 10 hours so we couldn't venture too far from home. It was well worth it though!
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Finally asked my friend to do our engagement pictures (cheap and he does it for a hobby so I know we will get good pics).

NWR: went out with some friends to an outdoor "concert".  Local band plays outdoor every year.  Lots of beer, lots of people.  I meet up with some old friends I haven't seen in like 2 years as well as met new people.  All in all a great weekend.  Other than the hangover yesterday from the keg beer lol.
    Anniversary
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: I had my bachelorette party in downtown Minneapolis.  It was SO much fun and I really couldn't have asked for a better night with my girls!

NWR: Friday I got a massage, manicure, and spray tan-a great day of pampering.

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    @ kholle13 - I ordered from Ladderach Chocolates website. It's one the best that I know and the prices are pretty reasonable!
    Check this out:
    http://www.chocolatesandconfections.com/Laderach-Fall-Collection-Truffles-And-Chocolates-Chocolate-Brown-18pc-Gift-Box.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards