Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Brides Maids--how to chose? Help!!

Ugh... I'm about to have an ulcer with chosing my bridesmaids. My fiance and I want to have no more than 4 attendants and I have 8 people I would like in the wedding. I'm so confused and have been mulling it over for over a week and just when I think I've made up my mind I change it. Also, the problem is are than half of my friends I'm considering live across the country. The four I would probably consider the most are the 4 the furthest away and I'd like at least one of my bridesmaids close by. Any ideas on what to do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Brides Maids--how to chose? Help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say don't worry about proximity... It would be nice to have your bridesmaids near by but try to consider who is most important in your life now and who will be your friend in the future.... ie... you might have a good friend at work you are considering but would you continue to stay in contact with that person if you or she changed jobs? Maybe compromise and have 2 that are farther away and two that are closer? Hopefully this was helpful and good luck! I know it can be very stressful but feel blessed that you have so  many wonderful friends :)
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could still have all 8 women be involved in some way - if not as bridesmaids, as personal attendants or as a reader during the ceremony. Just wondering, why did you pick 4?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just curious why you want one bridesmaid to be close?
  • Options
    megmarissamegmarissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL it was a compromise... I wanted 5, fiance wanted 2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can have half as bridesmaids, and have the other half be a personal attendant, guest book attendent(s), gift attendent(s), etc.
  • Options
    ColeyReneeColeyRenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also have all 8 - 2 girls to each boy.  No rules that you have to match :)  We're having 6 boys and 8 gals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards