Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Des Moines Area ceremony

I am finding tons of venues for receptions, but I'm stumped on Ceremony venues.  We're getting married July 7, 2012 and I would like to avoid an outdoor wedding because of the risk of rain and it'll be hot.  Any ideas???

Re: Des Moines Area ceremony

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Candle Lit Way Chapel in Dallas Center and The Church of the Land at Living History Farms.  There are a ton of non church places too.  I have seen weddings at the Temple for Performing Arts, the Botanical Center, and a couple of hotels.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at the Raccoon River Nature Lodge, in WDSM. Same boat as you - I didn't want to be outside and I didn't want a church. Our wedding is in September but I'm mega excited about our venue - It's on the Blue Heron lake and the room itself has a big fireplace at one end and then exposed beams and beautiful floors. Take a look!
  • Options
    sdose13sdose13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Zart 1312. Not having the ceremony there, but tons of people have. Check out the website: zart1312.com.
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    How big is your ceremony?  The Wedding Chapel in clive holds about 40, but their ministers can also do off-site (a few people at my work are using them).  You can also look into Unity Church in Des Moines ...

http://unitychurchdesmoines.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, no outside that's a hard one! I would say that Racoon River Lodge. it is so pretty inside! and if you face the windows you get the view of the pond!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    bsguardbsguard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I should have mentioned, we're having about 300 people at our wedding.  Unfortunately, that narrows the search a lot.
  • Options
    ammbcinceammbcince member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Happy Apple Orchard in Norwalk can hold up to 450 people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards