January 2013 Weddings

More trouble than it's worth?

So I called Alfred Angelo's last week to see about setting up an appointment to get my dress hemmed and bustled. They said their alterations lady is only in one day a week, but they gave me her number to call. So I did and she told me cost through the store and cost through her, and she's about $50 cheaper, so I made an appointment with her. She told me she works out of her home which put me a bit on edge, but whatever.

So I got her address yesterday only to find out she lives a.) clear on the other side of town, and b.) In a not so good part of town.

I am hesitant to leave my $500 gown at her house, knowing she's uninsured as a business.

So i decided to take my dress to a closer but still reputable tailor, only to find out that I have to take it in between 9-4 Wednesday through Friday because that's when the shop owner is in and he is the only one who works on wedding dresses.

So now I'm torn between keeping my appointment out in the ghetto today, taking time off which I don't have to take it to the closer tailor or wearing heels which I am neither comfortable in nor want because I'm already taller than my fiance.

I'm tempted to just take a needle and thread and do it myself since I really just need it taken up maybe an inch and there is no detail along the hem of the skirt.

Grrr. So at a loss and starting to get very discouraged about the whole thing.

Re: More trouble than it's worth?

• How about paying the extra $50 to have it done through Alfred Angelo, that way if she screws up it's THEIR fault and nothing will happen to it while at HER house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards