January 2013 Weddings
Options

anxious, overwhelmed

Anyone else hit points where everything seems to go wrong? Not only did I have a 300 repair to my brakes this week straight from the wedding fund, but I just found out our invites won't be here till wednesday we're supposed to send them Thursday.. which is still a week behind schedule. Did I mention I have 215 invites? 450 guests invited. Ugh. Not to mention my cake ordeal in my previous post. So stressed!!

Re: anxious, overwhelmed

• Options
    Yeah, I had a breakdown like that a few months ago but because of a stupid mistake I made. I spent the better part of three weeks hyperventilating and calling this guy trying to beg him to help me fix my potentially expensive screw-up.

Is there anyone you can draft to help you assemble the invites? I only had about half that amount but had my sisters helping me address and stamp while I addressed inner envelopes and assembled. It went a lot faster than I thought.

I'm sorry you're stressed. :( I hope everything works out.

Why are your invitations late? if I might ask.
  • Options
    One of my bridesmaids is making them and didn't send them to the printer right away/when I thought she was. And unfortunately for me, no help will be here. All my friends and family are in the Midwest, and my FI and are on the west coast. We don't know too many people yet. We did actually pay to have addresses calligraphy printed right on the envelopes. But there's still a lot of pieces to assemble, stamp, and stuff. And we both work. It's do able by all means, just a headache on top of everything else.
  • Options
    Right, I understand. I'm sure you'll be glad all of the addresses are printed. I would have liked to, but I still have way to many friends in college and thus moving around a lot to even think about having something like that.

But yeah, put on a good movie, order some pizza and knock those suckers out.
  • Options
    ksblumbksblumb member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I hear ya. Our envelopes were supposed to be here Monday, Wednesday at the latest. We still dont have them so I checked the tracking number, and they are stuck in NJ due to 'adverse weather conditions' .... CANT be good. The predicted delivery date is now blank. We still have a lot of time to get them out in the accepted time range, but wanted to send them early because we will have about 1/31/2 of our guests flying in from out of state. I thought about reordering some from somewhere else, but it took me weeks to find 4barr envelopes in the right color.
  • Options
    I had a few weeks where our florist stopped responding and then was lying, our baker had to close down her business for medical reasons, and I was trying to get my school midterms done. It was horrible. So I totally understand.

I agree with heroes. Put on a good movie or a tv show you like and just start working. It will get done!

FWIW, it can be really hard to meet people out here in LA and OC, but it will happen!

• Options
    Wow, that's a lot of invites.  But I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it went once we had to get them assembled.  Then again, my fiance mostly did them since I was/am still recovering from hand surgery, so I wasn't much help.  Now we're getting RSVPs back! (Abour half are filled out incorrectly, of course.  Such is life.) 

There are just so many things that are out of our control.  Just in the last month, I found out our catering manager at the hotel where we're having our reception is pregnant and will be on maternity leave for our wedding.  I'm trying to be understanding, since I know it's not anything that could possibly be helped, but she's been our main contact from day one, so it's nervewracking, especially since we still don't know who her replacement will be yet.  And she just resceduled our tasting for a week later than originally planned, because they booked a large event for that date and the chef couldn't handle that AND our tasting (which doesn't make me too confident in the chef's time management skills) 

And my mom just called to tell me my aunt (her sister) just told their cousin that she could bring her kids.  Um, I have no idea who these kids are.  The only kids invited are my FG and the best man's son, but apparently not anymore. 

So yeah, we all have moments.   Luckily, I have the world's most patient and helpful fiance to rely on.  Hope all you ladies are getting the same support! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards