January 2013 Weddings

Super Excited to join the 1/2013 club!

Hey everybody! I'm Abbie and my fiance Alex and I got engaged 10/1/11. We took a month to just enjoy being engaged, and drink lots of champagne, and we decided on a late January wedding in the Hudson Valley of New York. I'm very happy about that, since so much of "our story" includes winter and the snow. I also want it to be very formal and romantic. But as most of the wedding is still ideas we are bouncing around, we shall see. I am worried about the possibility of snow/bad weather, but will face that as it comes. 

I was surprised to read that some of you already have your locations booked and dresses bought. Am I already falling behind, or are you just super prepared? I figured that the next thing to tackle would be a clear picture of the budget, and I planned to settle that this month. Am I crazy? 

Like I said, I am super excited to find a group of brides-to-be with my same date. So happy to "meet" you all! 
White Knot
Wedding Countdown Ticker
157 invitedimage
118 accept with pleasureimage
35 decline with regretsimage
4 are driving me crazyimage
RSVP Date: December 15th

Re: Super Excited to join the 1/2013 club!

• I'm so excited im recently got engaged and we will be getting married January 5, 2013. Yay! i'm new to this wedding buisness, I have no idea on how to start. Any ideas ladies? I would appreciate any advice yall have.
    Thanks
    Jerrika M.
  • Congratulations to all of you ladies! I too am getting married in January on the 12th and I can't wait! I've already found a gown and the dress I want for my bridesmaids. Am I too excited?

• edited March 2012
    To Jerika L. Well my wedding date is 1/12/13 and I have already decided on my bridal party size, colors, ceremony location, reception venue, menu, and favor ideas. I hope this helps! I'm searching photographer and videographers too. Oh and I've picked out my dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards