January 2013 Weddings

Blah...

Today is my bridal shower and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I don't want to sit in front of everyone and open gifts. One of my guests called to tell me my registry was ridiculous, and my future brother-in-law complained to my fiance about having to buy a gift for the shower AND for the wedding... both people have made me feel lousy about this. Now I feel like every guest who attends is secretly cursing me and I can't even feel excited.

Not to mention that the very first impression my family is getting of HIS family is that they're rude. It's my understanding that FI's mom and sister haven't RSVPed but are planning to come.

Just a vent... wish me luck! Hope I don't vomit all over my dress. Money mouth
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Blah...

• Ah! Good Luck :) Just focus on the love and support from the nice people... Let us know how it goes!
  • Thanks ksblumb! It went really well... except for how emotional I got! It's overwhelming to be surrounded by a bunch of people you love who are all wishing you well. I'm glad it's over, but I'm also glad I got to go through it and that there are people who love me so much. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The same with me!  I just had my shower yesterday.  I was surprised by the number of people who came and who are so excited for me!  It's a lovely feeling and definitely getting exciting now -- even though I hated opening presents in front of everyone.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it makes you feel any better-- there were a lot of people at my first shower that I didnt know... and I later realized that when I opened gifts I thanked a JOANNE... who was actually a LOUANN. Whoops. awkward.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_blah?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:45de35e6-f7f9-4b9c-a35b-cfa36c57c273Post:9618d3c7-165e-4a7f-a483-84eebe0ef331">Re: Blah...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The same with me!  I just had my shower yesterday.  I was surprised by the number of people who came and who are so excited for me!  It's a lovely feeling and definitely getting exciting now -- even though I hated opening presents in front of everyone.
    Posted by melisrodis[/QUOTE]

<div>Opening presents in front of everyone was definitely hard!!! But as I looked around the room, I realized that many of those women have been there and done that before, and it made me feel better.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_blah?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:45de35e6-f7f9-4b9c-a35b-cfa36c57c273Post:de12b239-ae0d-4dc0-974d-c3989f9c11d5">Re: Blah...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it makes you feel any better-- there were a lot of people at my first shower that I didnt know... and I later realized that when I opened gifts I thanked a JOANNE... who was actually a LOUANN. Whoops. awkward.
    Posted by gabbagirl89[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahaha that's great! Don't feel too bad... I was going around the room after and introducing everyone and there were definitely a few awkward moments where I ran over and said things I shouldn't have.</div><div>
    </div><div>Not to mention I completely broke down when I introduced my future brother-in-law's wife... after having complained about her to my family and friends for the last year or so. I feel like a jerk and a hypocrite, but oh well. I probably broke down due to my own guilt.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards