January 2013 Weddings

Kinda personal, but...

Are any of you planning on getting pregnant or trying right away??  Idk how old alot of you are...or where you are at in your lives to make this decision yet, but I know that I am hoping to try soon!  : )  I will also be 35 in 2 months..so...lol..
God is Faithful!

Re: Kinda personal, but...

• FI and I are only 23. We plan on waiting a few years before we try to get pregnant. He wanted 5 years, we settled on 2. hahaha
  • I want to finish school first and get out of apartment living. We're both 27 so probably in a few years. Hoping to finish school in 2-3 years. It all depends if I get into the UC I applied for-I find out sometime around April!

• I'm 27 and FI will be 27 in May and we decided that if he gets to stay in the Marine Corps (we'll find out mid-February) then there's no reason why we can't right away. Ideally, we would like to wait until the end of the year to start trying. I'm in my best friend's wedding at the end of November 2013, so I would like to wait  until after that. Lol
  • FI is 30 and I'm 23, we don't want to have kids.
  • I'm 26 and about to graduate law school with a lot of student debt and no job... we'll be waiting until I pay off my debt and have a steady job & health insurance.  So probably closer to 30.
  • We are going to wait. We want to try to pay off our house first which will take about 5 years.
  • Im 28 and FI is 34. We are pretty settled in our careers and have a house, but dont feel quite ready for kids, but are thinking in a few years we probably will be.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_kinda-personal-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:7d6b4e1a-7d16-43a7-9a43-0a61e40afa3bPost:75a83949-2c98-47dd-b154-1e4b067de3be">Re: Kinda personal, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are only 23. We plan on waiting a few years before we try to get pregnant. He wanted 5 years, we settled on 2. hahaha
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahah! We settled on 2 as well. I'm 23, he's 24... and we're VERY family oriented. He wanted to wait until he was 30... but I can't wait that long. We should be debt-free or very stinkin' close in about 2 years... so we decided we would go off contraceptives on my 25th birthday :) Happy birthday to me! </div>
  • We want to wait around 5 years, ideally. We don't have a house yet, and I refuse to have a baby while living in an apartment. I also feel too selfish at this point in my life and still want it to be about me for a little while.

My brother in law and his wife got married October 1, 2012 and were pregnant around November 15, 2012 (I think it was an "accidental on purpose"). Just watching them have a child before their first wedding anniversary makes my skin crawl and really cements my idea of waiting. Luckily, my FI is completely on board with waiting as well, and we both think 5 years is the magic number.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI's 25, I'm 26.  We'll wait a few years before we start trying.  If it happened sooner or later than that though...all still good in our book!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I are 21, we'll be waiting 4-5 years, after I get out of the military, and after he's done with school.
  • Wow, so the majority of you ladies are waiting then!  Actually pretty much all!  LOL. 
    I am the oldest one on here it seems.  Or one of the oldest anyways.  I had always wanted to be married in my 20's but it just didnt pan out that way.  Fi and I are no where near debt free but I figure, I dont have alot of time to wait around...plus I LOVE kids and we dont have a big family as it is.  I would love to have a baby within a year.  We'll see huh?
    God is Faithful!
  • Ps- Fi is 33 and I'm 34- almost 35 (as said in original post)
    God is Faithful!
  • me and the fi are both 22. he recently got a really good job and were looking at buying a house this summer and then getting pregnant in the next year i have a 5 year old from a previous relationship so we dont want too many years between them. :)
  • I;m 26 and fiance is 29, and it's going to be difficult for us to concieve (both have health issues) so we aren't going to wait very long. After the wedding we are going to begin seriously house hunting, moving out of NYC, and then it will be babymaking time! We don't want to have kids in our tiny apartment, or in the city at all, so that is the next step in the plan. 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • FI's 33 and I am 31 so we are going to wait a few months and then start trying.  So excited to start this new chapter in our lives :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards