Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

what to walk down the aisle to?

I'm still struggling with this.  I'm having a hard time between classic and modern....and whats "right".  I need more suggestions.  I really have no limitations....it's not a church wedding....I found one version of the Bridal march...can't remember now who it was by....but it was $30 for the one song.....!  crazy.  and no, I can't find it anyway, not on itunes, not at the store, not on amazon.  What are you walking down the aisle to....and where can I find it?  Who is is by?  We''ll be doing an ipod for this portion, so I need those details!  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what to walk down the aisle to?

• edited December 2011
    I've always loved the "Canon in D". My favorite one is "Variations on the Kanon" by George Winston.  You can sample it here: http://www.georgewinston.com/recordings/01934-11611-2.php (I have the CD if you want to use it.)

However. my mom stole that version from me when she got remarried a few summers ago.  I've decided to walk down to an instrumental version of "Kissing You" by Des'ree .  Yes, it's the theme from Romeo and Juliet. :)  Let me know if you want to hear it... I have it bookmarked at home, but not at work.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs walked down to True Love by Miranda Wong (it's just piano and you can find a sample on youtube).  I walked down to Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden (piano version).  I have links in bio if you want to hear them.  Under...Details and Ceremony I think.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't figured out what the BMs are walking down to but for me, it will be the chorus of Lost in This Moment With You by Big and Rich. I'll have the music director of the church sing it and play it on the piano, hopefully if they allow that kind of music.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

For traditional songs, there's Canon in D or Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, or Ode to Joy.  I looked and all have many variations on ITunes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to go more modern (ie current bands) but still want kind of a classic feel, check out Vitamin String Quartet www.vitaminrecords.com. They do covers of A LOT of music, they do a lot of rock but also do other genres if you look through their whole album list. I spent probably 2 hours on youtube listening to their covers. I haven't decided on recessional music yet, but I am absolutely sure I'm walking down the aisle to VSQ's version of Today by the Smashing Pumpkins (my all time fave song, I was so excited when I found it). I would like to use their cover of Oaisis' Wonderwall at some point too. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my brother play the acoustic version of "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts for when I walk down the aisle. My mom isn't thrilled about it, but it means a lot to my fiance and me.
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I walked down the aisle to Trumpet Voluntary, parents to Hymne by Vangelis, and attendants to Bach's Water Music: Air.  For me, it was anything but Canon in D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM).
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards