Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Engagement Party?!?!

FI and I are invited to an engagement party next weekend for a good friend of his from High School.  They live in Atlanta, GA and will be in WI visiting, so his mom decided to have this engagement party.  They are getting married in Sept in North Carolina.  We are attending the wedding.  Are you we supposed to buy a gift for them for the engagement party?  I am not sure on this because I have only been to 1 engagement party and we just brought a bottle of wine (for ourselves to drink & to share...that's what the invite said to do).  They will be traveling back to Atlanta the next day so I don't think they are expecting gifts, but I also don't want to be the only couple that shows up empty handed.  Does anybody have experience with this or know what to do?!?!  Thanks!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Engagement Party?!?!

• aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    To all of the engagement parties I have been a part of I typically grab a card and a giftcard for something fun - or for my best friend who lived in WA when she was married I wrote on her gift card what she was to purchase with it becuase I knew she didn't want to send things or try to haul them with her. Our engagement party was small and really just family and super close friends but everyone got us cards and a little something (mainly just cash/checks) but I don't think it's a necessity!
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly - I'd bring a "congrats on your engagement" card and call it good.  I presume you're going to be shower and wedding gifting them as well?  If you're not sure on the shower thing, a small item or gift card might be appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards