Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

DJ with minimal involvement

When we started thinking about the music and DJ we realized we have a lot of opinions about what songs we want played and could probably come up with enough for the entire night. Plus we want our maid of honor and best man to do most (if not all) of the announcements. Does anyone know a DJ who would be okay with this? We don't have any equipment nor do we want to worry about setting it up that day so we figure a DJ/company is a necessity.

Re: DJ with minimal involvement

• Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know with midwest sound they ask you how involved you want them to be....im not sure though if they let you use there microphone....Honestly I wouldnt see why not...i know where we are getting married they have a microphone so maybe your venue will have something and they dj can just play the music.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With Neon Express they gave us a sheet asking which songs we wanted to do, what kinds we liked, and if we had requests or program notes to add. I would give them an email and see what they say. They are very good about getting back to you and will answer all of your questions electronically so you don't have to spend time on the phone asking awkward questions.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was the main reason we went with Adagio...Our DJ was fantastic!! He kept everything to our specifications the whole night!
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Midwest Sound and you can specifiy how little or how much you want the DJ involved in things.  We had ours very minimally involved (announcements only basically) and they are totally fine with that.
  • Options
    nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Instant Request and they also allow you to select the level of involvement that you'd like your DJ to have. We've been to a lot of wedding that they've DJ and they've always done a great job and have been very professional, so I would imagine they'd have no problem stepping back too and letting other's do most of the work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most DJ's are probably ok with that, as long as you let them know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards