Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

premarital counseling

Hey ladies, I was wondering if any of you know of any good/great premarital/couples therapists?
Anniversary

Re: premarital counseling

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I don't. We found ours through the catholic dioece (spl is wrong I know)
    We had to do ours in OK where FI is stationed at. If are looking for a specific religion I would start there. hmm otherwise if its a religious ceremony - I think pastors, priests w/e can do it too.

But I have a feeling you already knew that.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't recommend our pastor yet since our sessions don't start till May, but we did get a book that has been a lot of fun and has started some great conversations. It is called Knowing Me, Knowing You. It is a set of 2 quiz books-- one for you and one for FI. It is just full of questions on things like housework, family, children, money, sex, religion, etc. It tries to get at some things that people may not want to talk about or things that just slip one's mind. I got them in a set on amazon. I'm not saying that they can take the place of counseling, but they can help a person get a good start. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for telling me about the books, I'll check them out, also, have you read the 5 love languages?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards