Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Central MN Brides?

Is anyone going with the Cold Spring Bakery for their wedding cake? The almond buttercream cake was really good and the prices were great but their customer service so far has been soooo bad.... anyone else have experience with them?

Re: Central MN Brides?

• Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe there is a review of them in the Minneapolis Bio - link in my signature!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I checked that but the people didn't even mention them in there. If they did, I completely missed it!
  • Options
    Kambria11Kambria11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them about 10 years ago when I got married the first time. LOL Not sure that counts. Everything was great at that time. We are now going to be using them for my daughters wedding next year and haven't had any problems with them.
  • Options
    opva0401opva0401 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI!We used them and they were fantastic.  I e-mailed them about setting up a time to discuss what I wanted and she got back to me within a day or so.  I would suggest making an appointment, otherwise they are so crazy busy in there!  I only had to go in there once, gave them a picture of what I wanted, and they took care of the rest : )I might still have the e-mail address if you need it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, please give me the email address :)   We did go in for a cake tasting appointment but they were soo rude and on the phone they have been even worse.
  • Options
    hecklethecklet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cake was okay...but their customer service just sucks. They kept insisting I do a fake cake and then sheet cakes and even though I said "No, I want a real cake" over and over again and they just didn't get it. We went with dutch maid bakery in St. Cloud. The place is a total hole in the wall but our cake turned out really cute! Plus Rachel made cookies for favors for all of our guests (225)...the cookies plus the cake was 250 dollars. Pretty reasonable if you ask me.
    image Our Happy Family: Hugo, Reese, and Wylie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be checking them out for sure. That was the exact problem we had with Cold Spring Bakery.. they seemed almost angry when we said we wanted a full, real cake!
  • Options
    hecklethecklet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you posted this a few days ago but if you are interested there are a few pictures of the cake Rachel did for us in my bio :) I was VERY happy with it...both looks and taste.
  • Options
    hecklethecklet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh...the pictures are under professional wedding pictures. Pictures of the cake I wanted her to replicate are under "the cake" section
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, that is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards