Ohio-Columbus

Wedding Photography - budget

Hi!
We're planning a September wedding and due some other budget issues, have been forced to cut our photography budget a lot. Does anyone know of a wedding photographer in the Columbus area that is priced $500 or lower?
Thanks!

Re: Wedding Photography - budget

• edited December 2011
    That might be a long stretch unless you find someone who is just starting out. I could recommend ours to you, but he was a bit more than that, but still very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    craigslist or columbus college of art and design.

• edited December 2011
    We just had Amanda shoot photos of our daughter last week and she was great. She's with I Foto Belli. You can see her facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Foto-Belli/488072515062

Here's her rates from FB. I bet she'd be willing to negotiate with you. Good luck!

The Chic Boutique Event - $500
    Includes engagement session, 5 hrs wedding time and a CD of all photos and copyright release.

The Simply Classic Event - $750
    Includes engagement session, CD of all photos, 7 hrs wedding time, a coffee table book and prints. (Email me for details)

The Extrav Event Package - $1,000.00
    Includes engagement session, CD of all photos, 2 coffee table books (one of engagement and one of wedding) 11x14 gallery wrap of your favorite photo, 1 11x14 print, 2 8x10 prints, 4 5x7 prints, 10 4x6 prints and 100 Luxe thank you cards

Please email me at smile@ifotobelli.com for any questions! (read less)
    Email
    info@ifotobelli.com
    Phone
    614-887-7104
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Annit Thress Photographer it is a husband and wife who do it together and they have custom packages.
  • AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - My budget was $500 for photography also and I was able to find a really good photographer for our wedding. Her name is Kathy Grinstead... she does this on the side but she works with people's budgets... which is relaly nice. She is super nice and laid back... check her out!
  • edited December 2011
    Did any one besides me notice that BMDunlap01 that posted here is a vendor!?! Why do some vendors not get hasseled on here and others do?

The Chic Boutique Event - $500
    Includes engagement session, 5 hrs wedding time and a CD of all photos and copyright release.

The Simply Classic Event - $750
    Includes engagement session, CD of all photos, 7 hrs wedding time, a coffee table book and prints. (Email me for details)

The Extrav Event Package - $1,000.00
    Includes engagement session, CD of all photos, 2 coffee table books (one of engagement and one of wedding) 11x14 gallery wrap of your favorite photo, 1 11x14 print, 2 8x10 prints, 4 5x7 prints, 10 4x6 prints and 100 Luxe thank you cards

Please email me at smile@ifotobelli.com for any questions! (read less)
    Email
    info@ifotobelli.com
    Phone
    614-887-7104
  • edited December 2011
    <div>I'm not a vendor at all!!!!</div><div>I'm a bride planning a current wedding in September. I was just posting the information off the photographer's facebook page to share. Amanda just took photos of my daughter a couple of weeks agoand I loved her. She's new to the scene and I want to promote my positive feedback. Since when does that make me sound like a vendor? Geez.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_wedding-photography-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:3f1be325-9266-43cf-bec2-964dc1cc00d9Post:56df1645-aa79-411a-a42c-d16a83502057">Re: Wedding Photography - budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did any one besides me notice that BMDunlap01 that posted here is a vendor!?! Why do some vendors not get hasseled on here and others do? The Chic Boutique Event - $500 Includes engagement session, 5 hrs wedding time and a CD of all photos and copyright release. The Simply Classic Event - $750 Includes engagement session, CD of all photos, 7 hrs wedding time, a coffee table book and prints. (Email me for details) The Extrav Event Package - $1,000.00 Includes engagement session, CD of all photos, 2 coffee table books (one of engagement and one of wedding) 11x14 gallery wrap of your favorite photo, 1 11x14 print, 2 8x10 prints, 4 5x7 prints, 10 4x6 prints and 100 Luxe thank you cards Please email me at smile@ifotobelli.com for any questions!  (read less) Email info@ifotobelli.com Phone 614-887-7104
    Posted by ally101511[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

In reply to BMDunlap01...
    When other people have put on a full blown advertisement about a vendor, it seems questionable and they get called out. Don't worry about it...you got away with it. I think this board is selective on how the "vendor rules" are applied. If I am not mistaken what you did is in violation of the rules! If we all did that with our fav vendors, this board would be like Craigslist!

• JMS842JMS842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ally101511. I really didn't know it was agaist the rules. I was honestly trying to be helpful. Thanks for filling me in.  

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_wedding-photography-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:3f1be325-9266-43cf-bec2-964dc1cc00d9Post:e064c7ce-8137-4abc-bf0a-e273909fad86">Re: Wedding Photography - budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]In reply to BMDunlap01... When other people have put on a full blown advertisement about a vendor, it seems questionable and they get called out. Don't worry about it...you got away with it. I think this board is selective on how the "vendor rules" are applied. If I am not mistaken what you did is in violation of the rules! If we all did that with our fav vendors, this board would be like Craigslist!
    Posted by ally101511[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should look into Matt and Marissa from We Heart Photography.  They are newly weds themselves and started their photography business after they were fed up with expensive pricing for wedding photos.  They charge $100/hour and their photos are AMAZING.  THis is their first year doing weddings though, so Marissa agreed to let me wait until I can see their first few weddings before I actually book them.  However, their style is everything I'm looking for and they are both such great people!  I'm excited to see their wedding work this spring so I can make a decision about booking them.  Their blog is http://www.weheartphotography.net/?cat=4

• edited December 2011
    Winberry Photography! http://winberryphotography.homestead.com/
    Their all day unlimited photos pachage is $550 and an engagemnt session is $100. We did an extra engagement session with them foe our save the dates and they are so cute! We have the rights to them and got the cd very quickly! They are super nice too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!  I'm emailing several of these and appreciate the recommendations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards