Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

A-Z Topic of the Day: Registries!

Good morning! Our topic for today (R) is... Tell us all about your registries! Did you decide to register?  Where are you registered/ing?  What is your favorite item on your registry or that you plan to register for? PIPs of course get extra credit.PIP Instructions: http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=61206852
Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: A-Z Topic of the Day: Registries!

• Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Kohls, Target, and Menards.  Surprisingly, Menards was the place that we found the most useful items.  All three have online planners, which makes it pretty easy to update your registry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. We're thinking about adding another registry as it gets closer to the wedding since lots of stuff is sold out after my shower this weekend (47 people = lots of gifts)! My favorite thing on the registry is our crystal. It's gorgeous and perfect for my "classic" taste. [img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/kox9qm" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/kox9qm</a>[/img]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crate and Barrel, and BB&B. Unofficially Target, we had too many issues and trying to delete the darn thing got annoying after 5 calls to cust. service. We went to the registry even with C&B, it was fantastic!  

Zuma Zoom
  • Options
    AimothyAimothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Macy's.  Our guest list is large, so we wanted to make sure they had enough options.  Most of my family is from a small town, so the closest store they have access to would be Target; even though the return policy is less than ideal, I'll deal with it if it happens.I am most excited for the new grill and chest freezer that some of my aunts and uncles are going to purchase for us!! I just had my first shower last weekend, it's so exciting to open up all those gifts!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't registered yet, too early still for us, but we will at Target and BB & B --- but I think my favorite things that we'll put on there are our formal china (Kate Spade, the one with the bows --- I LOVE it!) and some new sheets -- sad to say we only have 1 sheet set right now and it's a pain.  His fave thing will differ I'm sure --- he'd love something electronics-related!
  • Options
    Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our traditional registries are at Bed Bath and Beyond and Menards.  GREAT experience registering with BB&B - wonderful customer service at the Woodbury store.  Good experience with Menards as well, the only draw back is you only delete, not add, items online, but we live nearby, so not a huge issue for us. We also opted for a non-traditional registry: our honeymoon.  We did this through our travel agent and thehoneymoon.com.  Since we have both lived on our own for so long, we pretty much have two complete households and really don't NEED many traditional registry items.  No purchases off of this registry yet (we're still a couple months out), but very positive response from our family and friends.  We know that several are planning to go this route.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have not registered for gifts yet, probably not until February or March (our wedding is in June 2010).  We plan on registering at Target and BBB.  I have started a list of things we want to register for such as new sheets, dishes, coffee maker, mixer, towels, potholders, toaster, garbage can ect.  I guess I am most excited for new dishes...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be registering at Target, Macy's and Crate & Barrel. I can't wait!!! Every time I go to any of those stores I go all kid-in-a-candy-store imagining how awesome its going to be to register. Have I mentioned I love to shop? LOL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I already registered at Target online.  We are going to go in to the store in January or Febuary.  I picked stuff online that is in the store too.  I am looking forward to any kitchen stuff.  We have lived together for almost four years but everything we have is handmdowns.  I think we might register at Kohls or maybe Menards.  Menards would be good we need stuff for our new house.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Target, Macy's, and Williams-Sonoma, although no one knows about WS because I didn't put them on the invites.  Funny story actually, my aunt was looking through all of our registeries (in front of me) and was very critical about how expensive everything on them was, especially WS.  She is a Sur La Table fan, so she was trying to get me to switch, but it didn't make any sense to me to add them because she's the only family member that lives in Edina, so I added Ikea gift cards instead.  We LOVE Ikea and our whole house is already decorated in their furniture, so why not add some more? I am most excited about our down comforter.  It's $300, so I know we're not going to get it (although I just checked now and it's on sale :), but I would love to have one that's a little warmer than the one we have. Here's a lame picture:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at:-Crate & Barrel (love love love love!), -REI (so much fun!)-Linens 'N Things (a few practical items; at the time, there was a LNT close to our house, and close to some of my rural non-computer-savvy family members)-Gaiam.com (an online natural/wellness store)We also linked our registries through IdoFoundation.org and the WeddingChannel.com charity program.  These donate proceeds from each gift to the charity of your choice, at no extra cost to the gift-buyer.  Pretty cool :)Favorite gifts received--so hard to decide!  Probably our all-clad pots & pans, our silverware set, or our organic towels... or the massage mattress.... oooh...  so many fun gifts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Lowes, Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. Favorite gift was all our plates from BBB AND a grill from our entire bridal party from Lowes. I found BBB return a little strange- We went in to return doubles of things and they gave us CASH back for all of it... we said we'd take store credit/gift card as there are things on the registry we still want and they said they have to return the items how someone bought them so if the person paid cash we get cash- however there is NO way 9 people paid cash for gifts (especially b/c one of the items was bought on line and mailed to us). Anyway- just found it strange they let us walk out of there with like $200 cash instead of making us spend it back at their store.
    imageimage
  • Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have not registered for gifts yet, we will after Christmas. or when a shower is scheduled, since our wedding is in March. We are looking at Menard's, eve though we shop at home depot, I really dont thing HD has a registry, i'll look into that. We'll probably look into Target as well. We have a site on The Honeymoon, we are really looking forward to that one, hopefully our guests will too!
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    AmberDerekAmberDerek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pottery Barn and Target.  Most of the items are at Pottery Barn as it is definitely our style.  Favorite items are everything at Pottery Barn and the vacum and Kitchen Aid mixer from Target.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're registered at Target and Crate and Barrel.  I WAS most excited about our everyday dishes, but they are being discontinued!  Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards