Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Reviews 11/12/11 YEs I know a whole month late :)

We had a great day, All the planning came down to about 12 hours and wow did it got by fast. We had GREAT vendors and all of them I want to thank for making our day So incredibly special.

My advice for other brides:
1. Take a couple momments throughout the day to take it all in.  IT"S YOUR WEDDING DAY... you get one of them, enjoy the parts and at the reception find our new husband, step back and remember the scene, you have NO idea how fast it really goes.

2. IF you want to take pictures after the ceremony (don't want your future hubby to see you).  Don't feel like your going to "intrude" on your guests.  I had many people tell me to do first look pictures (whcih is fine if that's what you want) But I really didn't want to.  I wanted to be conventional and I wanted to have that momment, and I had to remember that while taking 2-3 hours to take pictures is ridiculous, an hour is not the end of the world for your guests.

3.  Take time to enjoy the time with your bridesmaids before the wedding.  ONe of the memoris I will never forget is literally dancing to the Casper slide and having one of my bridesmaids teach me the billy jean dance while we had down time in the bridal suite.  PRecious memories and its also a good relaxation point as well :)

4. ENJOY YOUR HOONEYMOON.  (if your taking one)  NO our honneymoon was not perfect, the room was not what we expected nor was th atmosphere but we met some cool people along the way broke two cameras (YES TWO) and had no camera left for hte last day. BUt I'll tell you what we could have sat and complained about it and ruined our honneymoon, or we could go with the punches nad realize we are on a beautiful beach as newly husband and wife.

Reception Venue:  Worthington Hills Country Club----_A+++++

Um, what do I even say, First off Rian was AMAZING to work with, everything I needed she volunteered to do, last minute menu additions no big deal to her.  I really was worried about leaving the decorating of my wedding reception to someone else.  (were they going to get the style right etc) Let me say when I walked into that room I almost cried.... it was EXCACTLY what I had envisioned and it was amazing.  Not to mention the food was wonderful and it was also nice that we were able to get the head tables meals plated (which helped me a lot, I'm clumsy and would totally have spilled something :))   The Golf Course doesn't have a big waterfall or anything but it was still gorgeous and the "bridal party room (before we all arrived for our entrance) had all the appetizers and had it's own waiter for my bridal party to get a drink if they wanted it.  SUCH great service we had.

Photographer: Momments into Memories  A++++++++++++++++++++++
Seriously, I wish I could give Bryan a better grade.  I was FLOORED by his professionalism the day of the event.  He kept us all on time and I know we got some really great pictures.  ( I know this because I got to see a few on his camera after he shot them).  HE's FANTASTIC.  I felt like i not only had a photographer for the day but had a friend who was with me calming nerves nad making me laugh when things seemed slightly stressful.  When friends or family were trying to get pictures with their own camera and having troubles doing so.  BRyan was there to get every shot we needed.  His assistant and second photographer were wonderful at calming me very few nerves in the bridal room before the wedding and I'm telling you I couldn't not have picked a better photographer.  I would reccomend him to ANYONE and I can't wait to be able to take pictures with him again (For some random reason :))

Florist: Petals and leaves - A+++++

Seriously, once again words don't describe.  My bouquet was brought into my bridal room and I seriously cried, it was excactly what I envisioned and wanted.  Side note, we met with 8 florists up to this point, No one gave me any sort of creatvie ideas and just asked what do you want.  No suggestions, no creativity.  Not the case at Petals and leaves, they were the first and only people who really got what  I was trying to do and gave me suggestions to get there.  There work is tremendous and again I would reccomend to ANYONE.

DJ: Rob with Team DJ-A++

ROb was great.  He knew excactly what we wanted, didn't play anything on the do not play list and kept the dance floor packed all night.  I am a HUGE hanson fan and so MMMbop was a must play at my wedding.  He played it and kind of gave me this look like ok here goes nothing OMG I was SO excited it actually got played.  Like I said great DJ.  My dad wanted to pick out our father daughter song and didn't want me to know.  My parents had pretty much no contact with the DJ, except for to tell the DJ what song they wanted for this, and he kept it a secret from me, just like my father asked.  Again great service from him as well, and He was very professional.  I have been to other weddings were they make it a point to tell you who they are and what company they were from over and over Rob was not like that at all and really made our reception great.

That's all for now
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews 11/12/11 YEs I know a whole month late :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had a great day!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So happy you liked Rob from Team DJ!  I saw him at a friend's wedding in August and he was fantastic!  He was already booked for our day, but we booked someone in his company who he recommended.  Another friend is also using Rob for her wedding a week before ours, so she'll be excited to hear that you loved him!

Congrats, so happy you had a great day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats again stacey! I am so glad that I was able to witness your special day! (stacey and i will actually be cousins when i get married!)  AND YESSSSSS her bouquet was absolutely beauitful! I seriously took like 20 pictures of it because it was amazing! Stacey you have to post a picture when you get ur wedding photos back TODAY! i am so excited to see them!
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, it sounds like everything was perfect for your special day!  i am so happy that everything went so smoothly for you; congrats!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me just add to my Review of my photographer here, because we got our pictures back today...... I have to choose around 70 pictures out of about 1,200 for our album and my oh my do we have a task on our hands! It's going to be tough there are SO many good pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards