Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Time?

We were thinking about having the ceremoy at 3:30 and the reception starting at five. We only have the photographer starting at two until seven, so we wanted to get the cake cutting in at least with her. We are fine with seeing each other before the ceremony. Does anyone have a similar ceremony and reception start time that could give me a sample of the day of timeline? I'm just a little stressed about having time for everything. Would it be smart to move something back or up?
When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.

Re: Time?

• Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our cake cutting immediately as we entered the reception, so you could start the reception at 5 and just have her until 6 (assuming dinner is at 5:30 or so) and still get some toasts on film, as well as the WP entrance and cake cutting. In some parts of the country, the first dance is done right away too, so if you did that right when you came in (and then cut the cake), you could get coverage of the first dance too. I wouldn't move the times around too much - you will need that time for formal pictures, whether posed or candids/pics at another location.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest that you do your first dance & then cut the cake as soon as you are introduced by your MC. That way you can get the pics in by your photographer for the important parts of your reception. The only thing you might also want to consider is that if your photographer doesn't start until 2pm, is an hour enough time to get in all of your pre-ceremony shots? Guests sometimes arrive 15-30 mintues before the ceremony starts and I'd think it would be awkward for them to be arriving as you were still taking pictures. Maybe you could do 1-6pm instead? Good luck! As a last resort, I am sure you can find a few friends or family members that are more gifted with their photography skills that you could ask to get pics of the cake cutting & dancing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards